Registered
5,753 Posts
Re: [15] Monfils def. Fognini 6-3 6-1

Fog was injured?

·
Registered
3,921 Posts

The Fog had nearly 40 UE, Monfils served well but for most parts was just there. The Fog def The Fog.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Nadal broke down Fognini mentally and physically a week ago with relentless top class tennis and fighting spirit, I doubt he will ever win a match again.

·
Administrator | Chaos Theory
53,533 Posts

On HC I tend to favour Monfils. He nearly ousted Djokovic last year and had Federer on the ropes at USO. But more effort from Fognini surely.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts

Fognini doesn't respect the paying fans. He also doesn't seem to have much pride.
Or in fewer words: he doesn't give a shit :spit:

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
I was planning to go tonight to watch Monfils and Tsonga, and I was trying to convince my parents to go which would have been the first time at a tennis event, my treat. They didn't feel like going today and I'm so glad that I was not able to convince them as the Monfils match was a tank job from Fognini, and Tsonga's match was suspended until tomorrow. There was also another friend that I wanted to take for the first time, I'm just glad that it didn't happen as they would have been bored, disappointed and probably never returned.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I think it's safe to say that hardcourt is not Fognini's best surface.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts