Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see the first set, but Emil quickly went 5-2 up, then lost 5 games in a row. 2nd set was very close, Ruusuvuori had the chance to break at 3-2, didn't, then double faulted on Gombos' first break point in the next game. Still no top 100 for Emil.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Cost me so much

·
justice for all
15,222 Posts
yeah it's always risky to bet on those up&comers

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Wow that's a nice run from Norbert. First PCB, now Ruusuvuori, even if Emil choked in the 1st set.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Norbert Gombos wins also the best name ! Will watch the highlights since I don't know either.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Good week for Slovakia so far. Martin in cordoba still too ?

Reactions: hammett

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Been following Norbert's ups and downs through the challengers for years--great to see him collect these tour-level wins recently. He was ranked around 250 this time last year.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Ruusuvuori didn't look sharp in this one, even when he was leading in the 1st set. Too many errors and lack of concentration. I switched my bet to Gombos after Ruusuvuori got broken from 30-0 serving for the 1st set as he just didn't look ready to fight. Gombos did.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ruusuvuori lacks stamina yet currently. He try to maintain a high tempo, a bit similar way than Agassi or Nishikori, but should get stonger physics to be able to play long ATP-level tournaments in that way until the final rounds.

Now he can play just 3-4 matches and then runs out of gas. Emil, now to the physics trainings asap!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts