Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
classic Paire:lol:

at least he took the humiliation like a man this time and didn't stop playing all of a sudden like last week

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Didn't see, but the scoreline suggest some delightful watching for the people who did.

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
Unbelievable how Rafa beat this monster the way he did

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Unbelievable how Rafa beat this monster the way he did
Tbf berdych was terrible in the first two sets. The third set was more of an indication of his level.

·
Registered
14,074 Posts
Tbf berdych was terrible in the first two sets. The third set was more of an indication of his level.
It'd be foolish to say 3rd set was indicative and others weren't.

It'd be somewhere inbetween, which is pretty massive.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Incredibly easy win for Berdych here, it looks like this season will be one of resurgence for him. He should definitely get back to the top 15-20, can he make the top 10 again?

And yeah, having watched plenty of Berdych during the AO, the third set against Rafa was definitely indicative of his overall level in the other matches. Trying to claim that it wasn't, or that even worse, his two God-awful sets against Rafa were, is just being disingenuous.

·
Premium Member
73,573 Posts
Paire started his meltdown very early in this one. He and the chair umpire were going at it early on.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts
:haha: :rolls:
Only Paire can achieve getting booed by his home crowd and tanking the end of the 2nd set with his parents having front row seats.
OMG...I can't believe this. :surprise: what an absolute clown.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I wouldn't consider this really a tank, as aside from the last game of the 1st set where he hit some really bad dropshots right into the net, Paire was actually putting in a good effort. In the 2nd set, I think he got to at least 30 in 5 of the games, but just made errors on the critical points.

He got some boos at the end as the last two points he mailed in, but I was expecting a much worse effort when watching the highlights. There were some good points in the 2nd set, but Berdych was super-solid the whole match.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts