Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disappointing? Or great Filip . What was it .

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That I was thinking .

Anyway Serbs are tough for new players IMO but this ?

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
I don't understand every french tournament's policy to not stream first match of the day apart from gambling sites. My only guess here is that Filip overpowered him because Mikael's serve and shots do not consistently threaten the opponent.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The court speed may have played too . Youngs have difficulties in adapting to speed , perhaps. But I'm talking without having watched

·
Registered
60 Posts
As I commented into another thread, not a good start of the week for NextGen players.

Already out: Shapovalov, Humbert, Ymer, Sinner, Popyrin
Still in: Auger-Aliassime, Moutet, Ruusuvuori

Interesting to see how this will continue.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not much. But his 1-4 record this year suggests the 18-year old should probably schedule a bit more challengers.
Good answer to a legit question . He should consider that . All he needs is confidence before jumping to the big leagues

·
Registered
20,384 Posts
Inexplicable

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As I commented into another thread, not a good start of the week for NextGen players.

Already out: Shapovalov, Humbert, Ymer, Sinner, Popyrin
Still in: Auger-Aliassime, Moutet, Ruusuvuori

Interesting to see how this will continue.
Add Bublik to that list

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
Not much. But his 1-4 record this year suggests the 18-year old should probably schedule a bit more challengers.
yep. the last thing you;d want to see is him be the victim of to many wild cards and then just have his confidence taken away with an string of losses.. these wild cards for someone so young can do more harm than good

jannik has grown a bit. its gonna take some time for him to get used to that and learn how to play as well as he can. but from what i hear his attitude has also been quite poor in his matches this year.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep. the last thing you;d want to see is him be the victim of to many wild cards and then just have his confidence taken away with an string of losses.. these wild cards for someone so young can do more harm than good
Donald Young?

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FAA? Did you miss something...?

Edit: OK, you meant that also he lost his match after my comment. And so did Ruusuvuori...
Yeah , I was just checking your list of NG, adding more to the OUTS.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts