11,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Impressive

Tsonga looked ok on return. Served well but Korda just wins for fun

Reactions: Snowwy

·
Registered
59,964 Posts
Well, Tsonga's serve is still intact. On the other hand, the groundstrokes looked pretty terrible and I've seen better lateral movement on runways.

·
Registered
22,291 Posts
Good to see Tsonga back, not easy to make a comeback at 35 after being out for a year. He still had it in him to make some good runs here and there in 2019, we're gonna see what's going on

·
Registered
2,730 Posts

·
Registered
19,673 Posts
Korda will beat around the bush with the oldest members of Golden Gen

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Fast track to top 5. Or higher.

·
11,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’d be shocked. When do you think he will arrive?
I wont get that excited just yet but 23-4 in last 27.. included a slam r4-a atp final-ch titles

There is certainly no wrong hype. Question is how much hype to give.

He will end year in top 50
He will prob end career in top 8
Very hard to say anything about slams yet though. Need to see more appearances first. Skipping Aus was crazy

·
29,926 Posts
I wont get that excited just yet but 23-4 in last 27.. included a slam r4-a atp final-ch titles

There is certainly no wrong hype. Question is how much hype to give.

He will end year in top 50
He will prob end career in top 8
Very hard to say anything about slams yet though. Need to see more appearances first. Skipping Aus was crazy
I think he has a peak Mardy Fish career.

·
11,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think he has a peak Mardy Fish career.
Which would still be v good but i think not as he will prob have just lots of similar to him to deal with....no real goats

Reactions: Snowwy

·
Registered
13 Posts
It was nice to see Tsonga back in action again, but as one would expect after being out for so long, his ground game was far too erratic against a steady opponent.
Korda was impressive but his run will have to end in the next round (hopefully).

·
Registered
19,393 Posts
Tsonga was terrible in all aspects of the game. 2nd set was a horror show from him. But I guess you can't expect much after a 13 month break and at this age

·
11,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was nice to see Tsonga back in action again, but as one would expect after being out for so long, his ground game was far too erratic against a steady opponent.
Korda was impressive but his run will have to end in the next round (hopefully).
Lol nice flag but bizarre name lol. Now im trying to think of anyone in our tiny community who likes Sonego

·
11,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Despite his choking tendencies of late, who could not like the flashy Italian’s game and spunky attitude?😄
Welcome mate

Reactions: SoneGOAT

·
Registered
19,673 Posts
Sad to see JoWilly losing to slovakians these days.
Tbf JoWilly should have been retired by now. His embarassing display vs Nadal 2 years ago in Wimby was a warning sign that he wouldn't be around too longer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts