Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Painful, harsh loss for Krajnovic.

I think that was the best he ever played. Very surprised at how high tempo he could play and take balls on.

But Berdych is in great form as we know, aggressive and confident contrary to his often meallow play.

Krajinovic served for the match in the 3rd set at 5-4, but Berdych had the resistance of a champion, broke him, and broke him again for good measure for the match with another great FH winner.

Edit: Berdych indeed saved 2 MP's on his own serve at 3-5, snuffed out quickly. Krajnovic can only fault himself for the easy return miss on the 15-40 one.

·
Registered
9,201 Posts
Re: Montpellier QF: Berdych def. Krajinovic 7-6(3) 6-7(7) 7-5

Really good match in terms of both quality and drama. To be honest, I was expecting a routine win for Berdych, but Filip played one of the best matches, as Budadiii said. Very little between the two, I think Tomas' experience proved to be essential in the end.

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Really competitive chokefest, but Krajinovic edged it in the end
you just had to, didn't you?

·
MONSOON season.
81,404 Posts

Why are people surprised Krajinovic did well? He's in pretty good form, finally fit again and plays his best on indoor courts. Maybe people forgot his Paris run.

·
Registered
14,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Why are people surprised Krajinovic did well? He's in pretty good form, finally fit again and plays his best on indoor courts. Maybe people forgot his Paris run.
I haven't. He just looked nowhere near as good in Paris. I was not impressed by anything he did there.

·
Super Moderator
7,350 Posts
Really solid match from Krajinovic but totally crumbled after getting broken when serving from the match. Couldn't even push for the breaker.

Titan from another era continues his good form. :yeah:

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Krajinovic must be heartbroken. He was trying so hard and showing a lot of emotions. Hope this form continues, mental game should improve with it.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts
I watched Krajinovic a little during his comeback last year and admit I wasn't overly impressed, but he seems to be rounding into good form this year. Caught most of the AO match against Coric and, while the Croatian was beyond terrible at start, that allowed Krajinovic to grow in confidence and he put up a great fight, showing some great quality in the process. Went toe to toe with Coric in a lot of rallies and often won; only his serve wasn't quite good enough.

And hey, he's ranked higher than Sock now ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts