Votes: 30 54.5%
  • Tomas in 3

Votes: 13 23.6%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great matchup between two of the most talented players on the tour. Who ever serves the best will win this match. Allez La Monf!!! Two finals in your first three events.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts
I was wondering what your name was about.. I get it now.. I get it.

Monfils has put on the miles and should be overwhelmed here. Berdych is getting consistently clinical against guys below around 5 in the world.

·
Premium Member
24,603 Posts
The court is playing perfectly for Berdych imo. Any chance he gets he will crush the ball, and Monfils will be diving everywhere just to keep up.

Gael has to come out, serve hard, and play aggressively from the beginning. That isn't his natural gameplan, and he soon retreats into passive/defensive mode, which is unlikely to be enough against Berdych unless his timing is off.

·
Registered
21,336 Posts
:cheerleader:
:cheerleader:

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Should be easy for Berdych.
Yep. Needing three sets to dispatch of Simon-Version-2012 is not a good sign for Monfils. Still, with Monfils, you just never know for sure and it isn't that Berdych is playing lights-out quality tennis right now.

·
Registered
14,666 Posts
Monfils in 3.

Allez Monfils, take the title!! :yeah:

·
A happy person
44,895 Posts
I think Berdych should be able to win this match though Monfils has his French crowd.. :scratch: Voted for Berdych in three, he serves too good for Monfils. :worship:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Gaël isn't defensive no more, i think you didn't watch Gaël for a while. He's agressive, even in backhand this year, he really improved. But he still has a knee pain and doesn't move as he wants. He has to be careful with Davis Cup next week.

If he serves well he could take the title but it will be difficult. I would say Gael in 3.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Haven't seen much of this tournament, but if Berdy is still cruising on any of his AO form, this should be two easy sets for the Czech.

·
A happy person
44,895 Posts
Gaël isn't defensive no more, i think you didn't watch Gaël for a while. He's agressive, even in backhand this year, he really improved. But he still has a knee pain and doesn't move as he wants. He has to be careful with Davis Cup next week.

If he serves well he could take the title but it will be difficult. I would say Gael in 3.
Yes, it's true but look... Berdych didn't lose a point from his first serve :eek:

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Monf is a clown in finals, so i say Berdych in 2 tight sets, altough i will be rooting for Gael.

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
Since its a final Monfils will almost certainly lose.

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Since its a final Monfils will almost certainly lose.
Make or break match for Gael if he wins this match I see him taking home a Masters title and finishing in the Top 8 at the end of the year.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts