Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fantastic result for Pierre-Hugues despite a lot of the French crowd rooting for Felix ??‍♂

·
MONSOON season.
82,211 Posts
Such a bad start to the year for FAA.

·
Banned
9,669 Posts
felix has a ton of points to defend starting in just a couple weeks in rio. a final there then a semi in miami. his ranking could plummet and he could very well find himself unseeded at the french open if he cant get some wins soon. as of now its really hard to see him defending much of anything

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Herbert hit a great smash on the first point in the tiebreak, in which he had to cover several meters walking backwards. Felix went on to miss a volley in the following point. Difference in true doubles skills between these two guys is quite big.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Good win by Herbert who has a nice game and actually can play at the net. Overrated next gen once again proves why he’s overrated.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Yes. He's in a slump. Felix was (like Denis) introduced to the ATP tour in a skewed way. Overhyped and too much too fast. He's still a teenager and I don't think he's overrated. He just needs a good win now and I'm sure it's coming.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Players with proper game for fast courts keep prevailng this week. A shame Shapo though

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Not sure if Shapo likes fast HC. He needs time to set up his shots.
Yeap , IMO he's coming a little short on patience, work on a shorter swing, improve his touch, collocation , angle (variation) required for Fast HC and Grass. Otherwise...He should watch Gasquet , Denis' got everything else (power) that Richard does not have .

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Felix has to be one of the most overhyped players of all time. Even when his results were decent last year, the timeframe was pretty short and I don’t think his level was ever really all that high.

·
Registered
13,868 Posts
He's a mess right now. He has no idea what he's doing tactically and is playing with no confidence. The past 4-5 months are the first adversity he's ever faced in his career (it's always been an upward trajectory until now), so I have no idea when he'll come out of it.

It probably would have been a good idea to play South American clay again just so he could maybe get some momentum going. I'm not too sure what the thinking was to play indoor hard instead.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts