Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Federer Fan & Dull Hater
11,399 Posts
Re: Monte Carlo - the place for the rich and the beautiful - and for peRFect tennis

It will be very tough to defend last year's final points.

Kinda remembered how disappointed I was last year after Roger lost a golden opportunity to win MC.

·
Can't be bothered anymore
23,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Monte Carlo - the place for the rich and the beautiful - and for peRFect tennis

It will be very tough to defend last year's final points.
Let's wait for this pessimism once the draw comes out :p ;)

It's not like the players on the tour are in a good form at the moment.
That can change quickly though, especially with Wawrinka or Nadal (the latter will always remain dangerous on clay)

With Djokovic it has to be seen how affected he is from his run at the last 2 Masters tournaments.

Kinda remembered how disappointed I was last year after Roger lost a golden opportunity to win MC.
Yes, too bad he had to play against Stan who is quite a tricky opponent for him since a couple of years.
Monte Carlo was Stan's best tournament of the year apart from the AO though.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts

What a weird picture - such a discrepancy between the left and right legs!

Thanks for starting the thread, Eden - I was just wondering if someone had. When's the draw?

·
Registered
8,858 Posts

·
Registered
8,858 Posts

Thanks Doris :D

What a weird picture - such a discrepancy between the left and right legs!

Thanks for starting the thread, Eden - I was just wondering if someone had. When's the draw?
Saturday. ANd stan & rog will do some sort of mini exho thing?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts

can someone tell me when does the draw come out?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts

I'm old :sobbing: so i support my fellow geezer! Go Roger! show them that age and brains beats youth!!

·
23,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Draw is out and it's a really tough one for Roger.

Chardy as a possible opponent for a first match on clay :scared:

(1)Djokovic (SRB) BYE
Q - Almagro (ESP)
Tomic (AUS) - Rosol (CZE)
Haider Maurer (AUT) - (13)Gulbis (LAT)

(11)Tsonga (FRA) - Querrey (USA)
Q - Goffin (BEL)
(WC)Youzhny (RUS) - F.Mayer (GER)
(8 )Cilic (CRO) BYE

(3)Nadal (ESP) BYE
Thiem (AUT) - (WC)Pouille (FRA)
Troicki (SRB) - Klizan (SVK)
Johnson (USA) - (15)Isner (USA)

(10)Simon (FRA) - (WC)Balleret (MON)
Q - Q
Estrella Burgos (DOM) - Bolelli (ITA)
(5)Ferrer (ESP) BYE

(6)Berdych (CZE) BYE
Carreno Busta (ESP) - Stakhovsky (UKR)
Kolschreiber (GER) - Kukushkin (KAZ
Becker (GER) - (12)Bautista Agut (ESP)

(16)Robredo (ESP) - Seppi (ITA)
Granollers (ESP) - Mannarino (FRA)
Sousa (POR) - Q
(4)Raonic (CAN) BYE

(7)Wawrinka (SUI) BYE
Vesely (CZE) - Monaco (ARG)
Fognini (ITA) - Janowicz (POL)
Verdasco (ESP) - (9)Dimitrov (BUL)

(WC)(14)Monfils (FRA) - Q
Coric (CRO) - Dolgopolov (UKR)
Chardy (FRA) - Q
(2)Federer (SUI) BYE

·
Registered
13,156 Posts
Re: Monte Carlo - the place for the rich and the beautiful - and for nightmare draws

Nadal and Djokovic and not in his half of the draw. Not a nightmare at all. HOPP!

·
23,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Monte Carlo - the place for the rich and the beautiful - and for nightmare draws

Nadal and Djokovic and not in his half of the draw. Not a nightmare at all. HOPP!
Tournament doesn't begin in the SF though ;)

The 3 matches against Chardy all went to the distance and always included TBs. Roger also lost the only match against Jeremy on clay.
So I expect another tough match should the Frenchman win his 1st round.

Monfils also still has to win his matches before a possible match against Roger but he is a very tricky opponent as well.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts

Yep, tricky, but then that was to be expected, I suppose. We'll just have to wait and see how he does, take it round by round and not get our hopes up too much.

·
Premium Member
62,010 Posts

Interesting draw, I must say. Chardy should be an early test. I don't read too much into the loss last year, though, considering circumstances ahead of the match. But we'll see. It's of course also possible the Q player will take Chardy out, he's got a couple of matches on the surface already and Chardy is not Mr. Consistency.

·
Registered
10,813 Posts

It's taken awhile, but he can pass Connors with 200 wins on clay. I believe that's the most for a player who's primary surface isn't clay.

·
Premium Member
62,010 Posts

It's taken awhile, but he can pass Connors with 200 wins on clay. I believe that's the most for a player who's primary surface isn't clay.
I don't think you can argue Lendl's primary surface was clay. His winning % is higher both on HC and indoors. Number of matches played also higher on HC.

·
23,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

1 - 20 of 112 Posts