Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Excellent first set by both, mediocre 2nd set.

RBA had a SP in the TB of the first set but was terribly unclutch and gifted the next 2 points and Berdych just had to make an ace to close it out. Otherwise, a great, great set of tennis. Beautiful!
Then both players deflated substantially, for different reasons: Berdych, because he is a mental midget and was a bit too calm after the win of the 1st set; and RBA because he was probably a bit down mentally and physically after the loss of the 1st set and the exhausting match against Kohli yesterday.

Well done, Berdych! As for RBA, there were some good signs for the rest of the clay season. His forehand was a lot better than in the previous weeks, most notably.

·
Onwards and Upwards!
46,452 Posts
Yet another quarter-final appearance for the Berdman. Easy enough victory.

·
Registered
8,389 Posts
Very good match.
RBA played the best match in 2015,but Berdych was good too.

·
Registered
14,047 Posts
RBA should have won the first set, he was playing well enough to. Berdych tried to gift it to him on that DF. Would have been very interesting if he had not choked that.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
If I were the opponent of RBA, I'd punch him for his grunting

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Never a bad day when RBA loses.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Berdy still yet to lose before the quarter final stage this year :sport: :cheerleader:
Tricky QF against Milos though they haven't played together on clay before. Hopefully ClayBerd will make an appearance :cool:

·
Premium Member
9,356 Posts
Berdy still yet to lose before the quarter final stage this year :sport: :cheerleader:
Tricky QF against Milos though they haven't played together on clay before. Hopefully ClayBerd will make an appearance :cool:
Raonic is injured so i doubt it will matter :sad::sad:

·
Registered
18,098 Posts
27 consecutive wins vs non-top 10 opponents. Hasn't missed QF of any Slam/Masters since USO (USO - QF Shanghai - QF Paris - SF AO - SF IW - QF Miami - SF MC - QF for now). This is consistency on a top 3 level, but it is relatively meaningless without any really big results, here's another chance to change that by getting to the final at least...

Speaking of consistency, this is the 44th consecutive Masters event Berdych plays, I wonder if this is an all-time record...

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Berdych has become so consistent it's difficult to believe he's the same player as Berdych 5+ years ago :worship:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts