Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Andreev def Almagro 7-5 4-6 6-4

Quite an evenly match , the score but also in play. First set Igor a litle bit better , second Nico breaking and Igor chasing him, and third was copy paste of the first one by the level of play. Almagro saved 7 MP's in the last game.

·
Forum Umpire:, Gaston Gaudio,
124,506 Posts
First set was high quality with Andreev serving bombs and hitting big off forehands. Mucho served well and not playing too badly, but Igor shaded it.

The second set was a breakfest, there were some long rallies and good use of the angles.

Mucho's dropshots were classy, just like the Andreev slice as well, textbook shots.

Mucho saved 8 match points, but Igor helped him for sure

Andreev hit a volley on the 6th match point that landed in Italy.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,412 Posts
Re: Andreev def Almagro 7-5 4-6 6-4

a bit early eh?

·
Registered
10,605 Posts

What a tool this Almugro, wins MM clay tournies left and right but is incapable of doing any damage in the big tournaments.

·
124,506 Posts

Quite an evenly match , the score but also in play. First set Igor a litle bit better , second Nico breaking and Igor chasing him, and third was copy paste of the first one by the level of play. Almagro saved 7 MP's in the last game.
You started that before the match is over.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts

Igor :woohoo: Congratulations :hug:

·
Registered
11,530 Posts
Good quality match from the small part I saw but Mucho still yet to have a big impact in the big clay events and until he does he cannot be taklen seriously as a top clay player however much potential he shows in lesser events. Excellent win for Andreev though.

·
Registered
27,321 Posts

Its HeretiC we're talking about....never in doubt.

·
124,506 Posts
It was a highly entertaining match. Andreev even hit a backhand down the line winner, which is very rare.

Mucho was hitting some top not backhands, both used the court well.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

What a tool this Almugro, wins MM clay tournies left and right but is incapable of doing any damage in the big tournaments.
I am not sure about "tool" thing, he played good most of the time. Igor was just a bit better at crucial moments.

·
Registered
517 Posts

Is there an award or something in this forum for making the first match result thread?..

Anyway, brilliant match. Andreev played a very smart game. Hope he keeps it up.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

You started that before the match is over.
Yeah, this time yes (and it is first time I made a mistake) :sad: I tought one of the balls was out. Premature ejaculation at full force.:p

·
124,506 Posts

Yeah, this time yes (and it is first time I made a mistake) :sad: I tought one of the balls was out. Premature ejaculation at full force.:p
You do it regularly, almost as much as Nadal wins on clay.

·
Registered
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Its HeretiC we're talking about....never in doubt.
Thats BS. This is the first time. I explained a lots of times before. Satelite TV broadcast vs Scoreboard results. Guess which is faster. :(

1 - 20 of 63 Posts