Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monte Carlo R2: [9] Borna Ćorić def. [WC] Jaume Munar 6-7(3) 7-6(7) 6-4 (Saved 1 MP)

What a battle. :worship: Really good match.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Re: Monte Carlo R2: [9] Borna Ćorić def. [WC] Jaume Munar 6-7(3) 7-6(7) 6-4 (Saved 1

Match had many great points, Coric becoming more aggressive as the match went on and Munar being super crafty. Was a great battle.

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
Re: Monte Carlo R2: [9] Borna Ćorić def. [WC] Jaume Munar 6-7(3) 7-6(7) 6-4 (Saved 1

Coric vs. Baby Coric. Both seem to always be involved in these 3 hour battles.

·
Registered
5,560 Posts

Coric matches since AO are either a rollercoaster ride when he wins - or a demolition job when he loses :confused2:

He was the better player IMO after being broken to start the second set, really stepped up the aggression. Munar was tough as expected but may be thinking about some of the openings he had late in the second set to seize the match.

·
Registered
7,010 Posts
A modern day warrior. He really is!

·
Registered
14,504 Posts

40 FH winners by Coric?

Holy moly --- that's a lot even to his standards. Munar was really hard to put off, it seems. :lol:

·
Registered
12,644 Posts

Gosh ... How many UE in total? Well, Borna did it 0:). I wish I didn't watch any tennis today. Too much stress, lol.

·
Registered
145 Posts

Did I read that right? 40 FH winners for Coric? Um, wow.

You know, we all say how Coric is like a baby Djokovic in game styles.

I actually think he's very much so the male equivalent to Jelena Jankovic in her peak 2007-08 form:

Amazing mover. Great defense. Serve is a weapon on a good day (and in spurts during a match). Great backhand. Very good FH down-the-line (when it's not a liability). Attackable CC FH. Fights hard until/unless they're outplayed to a loss.

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts

Last thing I needed today was to be stuck in front of the screen for 3 hours but 2nd and 3rd sets were so worth it.

·
Registered
10,057 Posts

What a fight for Borna. Another hard fought grinding win.
He's the exact opposite of Punkios or Tomic. :lol:

·
Registered
2,418 Posts

Coric has been taking pain killers since he was a teenager, his stubbornness is gonna hurt him. His body is already falling apart.

·
Registered
270 Posts

60 winners? What the fuck. You better do it Twink Prince. :yeah:

·
Registered
2,418 Posts

Listening his MTO conversations with the physio, I remember several occasions when he was asked if he wants a pain killer and he said he already took one before the match. The same thing he answered yesterday.

Also from what I know from other sources, he's pretty stubborn when it comes to these things, he wants to play at any cause, and it worsened his conditions couple of times in the past.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts