Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pathetic stuff from Thiem. Getting broken six times.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
42% of FS in a match is enough to beat Thiem

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Better player won, need to improve his serve against Nadal to have a chance.
Please, Pouille was awful. couple of his misses were just incredible. it's just Thiem was worse.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
That was really bad. I hate to say it because I'm a fan but Domi really isn't a thinker on court, much like Stan. If he wants to be one of the top guys he's gonna have to be a better problem solver, Pouille was vulnerable in the 2nd set, but Domi didn't play smart enough to take advantage of it.

I also think Pouille might just be a bad matchup for him. For some reason his groundstrokes and serves were read like a book by Pouille.

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
totally unexpected

lucas :woohoo: really hope he can keep winning matches here, allez!!

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
Clown,absolute clown,Domi,must be ban for the rest of the year !Im not even angry for this mug....and just after 2 weeks when he played in Miami and served great,now he didnt remember how to serve and of course missed BPs like a clown,get a life ,y dont deserve to be seeded for RG,u just dont !And not that angry im tired of ur stupid act like always

·
Registered
20,716 Posts
:haha:

can't believe some guys really thought nadal will face a decent draw for once :rolls: . people here are so green, i know that average joing date is 2013 but thought some of them followed tennis before and were aware things which were happening when tio and nephy were involved. isner to get out next

·
Registered
14,897 Posts
I saw it coming from afar.

Thiem will probably never be as good as we have all imagined. But there is no shame losing to Pouille, who'll be a great player in the future. He's already showing good things.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Just.... :facepalm:. So many breaks of serve. Was really looking forward to Thiem vs Nadal.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Match wasn't pretty but it's okay since it's the first official match on clay for both. On an overall note, Thiem has too many flaws in his game and I see Pouille as a greater prospect. Only time will tell though.

It will be interesting how Lucas will fare against Nadal. I have a major question mark on his mental strength, so I hope he doesn't fold easily.

·
Premium Member
4,982 Posts
:haha:

can't believe some guys really thought nadal will face a decent draw for once :rolls: . people here are so green, i know that average joing date is 2013 but thought some of them followed tennis before and were aware things which were happening when tio and nephy were involved. isner to get out next
If you just watched the way Thiem played and think that Nadal dodged a bullet by him losing then you know absolutely nothing about this sport. :lol:

·
Premium Member
62,010 Posts
Disappointing from Dom :sadface: Serve simply not good enough. I hoped he was out of his rut but I guess not, still inconsistent.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts