Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First win is in the books, next one will be difficult...

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Good for the game. ERV plays with no heart and thinks he's good enough to win effortlessly or who knows whats he really thinks. Sousa had a lot of trouble making 1st serves for a long part of the match which made it difficult for him but in most of the rallies he bossed ERV around with his forehand and it made the difference in the end.

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Awww, Doudy.

He did post an adorable picture of his little Matéo with a special nanny.

Hope he does better in doubles.

·
Banned
70,519 Posts
:facepalm: erv is done

·
MONSOON season.
82,210 Posts
Doud :sobbing: That's a bad loss, IMO.

I hope Sousa continues to win now.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
This was Sousa's best performance in clay in ages, probably one of the bests in clay. Service wasn't there because lack of competition lately (with an injury) but his FH is the best I've ever seen on him, backhand is decent on clay now. It'll be interesting against Raonic in such a slow court.

·
Banned
70,519 Posts

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Bageled and breadsticked by Sousa on clay :facepalm:

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
This was Sousa's best performance in clay in ages, probably one of the bests in clay. Service wasn't there because lack of competition lately (with an injury) but his FH is the best I've ever seen on him, backhand is decent on clay now. It'll be interesting against Raonic in such a slow court.
Totally agree with you. Finally some decent top spin on that FH and even some good BHs at times. Raonic lost to Berlocq in Portugal, he might be exposed to grinders on (slow) clay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts