Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,416 Posts
Re: Monte Carlo R1: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga def. Jan-Lennard Struff 6-4 6-4

Average from Tsonga, but at this point I have to be satisfied with every win.

Struff made too many DFs.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Re: Monte Carlo R1: Jo-Wilfried Tsonga def. Jan-Lennard Struff 6-4 6-4

Not the best performance from Jo, but a win is a win :)

·
Registered
11,374 Posts
Hopefully he can regain some form in these coming weeks.

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Allez Jo, onwards and upwards :drive:

·
~♥ Magnus Norman ♥~
3,328 Posts
Good day for Frenchmen. :) Allez Jo!

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Great for the game. Tsonga seems playing well - but his serve needs a much higher FS%.

·
Bring it Home
21,331 Posts
Routine, as expected.

Tsonga usually plays well in Monte Carlo. He'll probably reach the QF and lose to Djokovic.

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,416 Posts
Great for the game. Tsonga seems playing well - but his serve needs a much higher FS%.
I think it might be the knee. Since he injured the knee in 2013 his FS% went down dramatically and never recovered. I can't see any other explanation than a physical limitation. Before his average was around 70%, now it's almost allways sub-60%.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts
Normal match by Tsonga. He has a great chance to reach QF.

Monte-Carlo organizers have very tough situation:
Federer and Nadal are lock on CC tomorrow. There is two matches left and they have to choose between Wawrinka - Monaco, Tsonga - Goffin, Monfils - Dolgopolov, Fognini - Dimitrov and Simon - Paire.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts
A win is a win I guess

·
-Lifetime Scientist-
12,416 Posts
Normal match by Tsonga. He has a great chance to reach QF.

Monte-Carlo organizers have very tough situation:
Federer and Nadal are lock on CC tomorrow. There is two matches left and they have to choose between Wawrinka - Monaco, Tsonga - Goffin, Monfils - Dolgopolov, Fognini - Dimitrov and Simon - Paire.
Wawrinka is last year's champion so I think he'll be allways on CC. Monfils - Dolgopolov is the one with the most entertainment value so they should pick that.

·
Registered
8,408 Posts

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
I think it might be the knee. Since he injured the knee in 2013 his FS% went down dramatically and never recovered. I can't see any other explanation than a physical limitation. Before his average was around 70%, now it's almost allways sub-60%.
Fair enough, that could be the right explaination. Indeed, his FS% has been at an all-time low in 2014 - even at Toronto actually.

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
struffy :facepalm:

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts