Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally win over top10 player. :yeah: :yeah:

In first set bad stuff from Ferrer due to his high amount of UEs. In second set he cut them out, which allowed him to came back from 0-3 (two breaks) and stay in second set, when Rafa was trying to serve it out. Then Rafa had to save set points and of course he failed.

But that chase definitely cost him too much and probably that's why he lost again his serve on the beginning. But overall that was decent level from both in third set. Some more activity from Rafa - started to go for shots DTL more often and it worked.

·
Banned
1,385 Posts
Monte Carlo QF: Rafael Nadal def. David Ferrer 6-4 5-7 6-2

Easy for the 2015 RG champ. :sport:

Honestly Rafa was dreadful but Ferrer was just worse somehow. Rafa will be routined tomorrow in this form. Ferrer who is usually super steady and plays Rafa into form was just beyond awful today probably played Rafa more out of form more than he already was coming in.

·
Registered
68,546 Posts
nice choke in the second. but a win is a win, vamos!!

·
Premium Member
8,410 Posts
Re: Monte Carlo QF: Rafael Nadal def. David Ferrer 6-4 5-7 6-2

Poor from Rafa. I doubt that he will stop Novak from winning another big title which will be a sad sight.

·
Registered
21,641 Posts

Get well soon, David!

We played a very good match after going down a set and a double break, great job.

David with more winners.

·
29,637 Posts

Umpire def Nadal also.

More interesting than expected.

Djokovic wins tomorrow I think

·
Registered
375 Posts

The DRAMA.

God damn, David.

Novak will demolish, no?

·
~* Princess Karolina *~
175 Posts

Can we give that umpire a medal, perfect officiating.

Nadal steady early in all the sets, Ferrer peaking late but not enough

·
Your visions will happen
48,645 Posts

·
Registered
29,237 Posts

lol. Ferrer had 30-0 on Nadal's serve THREE times in that third set and then gave those games away. Especially in the game at 4*-2. Oh well, an expected result all in all

·
Registered
7,192 Posts

Boy I know Ferrer is hated on this forum, it's not my favourite player either but give credit to the man and his fighting spirit. It took him to 3 sets. Any Ferrer clone with Wawrinka or Dimitrov mindset would lose this in 2 relatively confortable sets.

·
Registered
29,237 Posts

·
Administrator
6,164 Posts
Ferrer started off the match really poor mentally, but it was huge fighting spirit to come back in the second set. He missed 0-30 on Nadal's serve 3 times in a row in set 3 which was not great, but it did seem that Nadal raised his level to hang with Ferrer for the final set and Ferrer winning a deciding set against Nadal was always going to be a tough prospect.

·
Your visions will happen
48,645 Posts

Seriously though, well played from both guys, I thought Pics was finished halfway through the 2nd then I look back and it is a 3rd set, wow. Nadal gaining confidence by the match but now hopefully he is not physically too drained for Djokovic tomorrow

See you in Barcelona David

·
Registered
7,369 Posts

1st top10 defeat since Nole in RG. Always good. This was a war. It always is between these 2 great Clay court players. Last year Ferrer was better.
This year Rafa was in good shape, not perfect, but still better.

It should of been 2 srtaight. But Rafa needs to fix some mental problemas closing Matches.

·
Registered
756 Posts

Should have won in 2 to be honest. Oh well a win is a win so I can't complain. Make sure you win tomorrow Rafa!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts