Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Istomin held his three first service game easily, and made it to deuce in all Gombos service games then all of the sudden got broken to 0 and retired. get well.

·
Registered
68,134 Posts
weird from the livescores...hoping istomin is ok!

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Oh, poor Denis! What's wrong? He's overcome so much just to be on the tour. I hope he's not seriously hurt.

·
Your visions will happen
48,552 Posts

·
-
86 Posts
disgusting.

·
Registered
19,278 Posts
Nah, the LL rules have changed this year. No way he knew he was going to be a LL.
Did they?

Let's look at the most recent three tournaments where a lucky loser got in:

Dubai: Coric was the highest seeded player to lose in the last qualifying round, got into the main draw
Indian Wells: Gimeno Traver was the highest seeded player to lose in the last qualifying round, got into the main draw
Monte Carlo: Istomin was the highest seeded player to lose in the last qualifying round, got into the main draw

Coincidence? :confused:

edit: But now I look some weeks before in the Delray Beach/Rotterdam/Sao Paulo week and it looks like this:

Delray Beach: Krajinovic was the highest seeded player to lose in the last qualifying round, got into the main draw
Rotterdam: Melzer was the highest seeded player to lose in the last qualifying round BUT Kamke got in
Sao Paulo: Gimeno Traver was the highest seeded player to lose in the last qualifying round BUT Bagnis got in

So maybe you're right

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Did they?

Let's look at the most recent three tournaments where a lucky loser got in:

Dubai: Coric was the highest seeded player to lose in the last qualifying round, got into the main draw
Indian Wells: Gimeno Traver was the highest seeded player to lose in the last qualifying round, got into the main draw
Monte Carlo: Istomin was the highest seeded player to lose in the last qualifying round, got into the main draw

Coincidence? :confused:

edit: But now I look some weeks before in the Delray Beach/Rotterdam/Sao Paulo week and it looks like this:

Delray Beach: Krajinovic was the highest seeded player to lose in the last qualifying round, got into the main draw
Rotterdam: Melzer was the highest seeded player to lose in the last qualifying round BUT Kamke got in
Sao Paulo: Gimeno Traver was the highest seeded player to lose in the last qualifying round BUT Bagnis got in

So maybe you're right
yes, rule has changed. see: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=586097

·
Registered
19,278 Posts

·
Registered
13,800 Posts
i honestly think the lucky loser should be done away with. guys who retire just because they dont want to earn the right to play in the main draw and are counting on getting in this way are disgusting

i hope istomin gets smoked in round 1

·
MONSOON season.
81,978 Posts
i honestly think the lucky loser should be done away with. guys who retire just because they dont want to earn the right to play in the main draw and are counting on getting in this way are disgusting

i hope istomin gets smoked in round 1
:unsure: So players in the MD should just get a Bye? :unsure:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts