Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I knew I was looking forward to this 1st round encounter, but is anybody else watching it? It's wicked :yeah:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come on, there's more to it than that; Djokovic at the net vs. Monfils is great tennis and tv.

Djokovic is down though; cramps, I think.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,865 Posts
Poor Djokovic:sad: This guy has one hell of a beautiful game, but his physical condition isn't the best:scared: He gets up now!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,159 Posts
It is not fair to Gael at all. This to get into the 2nd round? I wonder what he'll do to make a final or win one.

BTW he seems to be serving and moving fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WF4EVER said:
It is not fair to Gael at all. This to get into the 2nd round? I wonder what he'll do to make a final or win one.

BTW he seems to be serving and moving fine.
Agreed; in essence, he had about a 7 minute time out. But if the trainer takes forever to arrive, what are you supposed to do? :shrug:
 

·
Comparisons are Odious
Joined
·
10,541 Posts
mp3junkie said:
It's not fair that Djokovic gets to rest because he appears to be cramping. Get on with or retire Djokovic.

That pissed me off.....................I'm sorry and I am going to go out on a limb here and say this, Djokovic was FAKING. He ran out of energy, simple as that, and needed a rest. He should have retired.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,403 Posts
mangoes said:
That pissed me off.....................I'm sorry and I am going to go out on a limb here and say this, Djokovic was FAKING. He ran out of energy, simple as that, and needed a rest. He should have retired.
I agree...I'm watching the match and he should 've just defaulted...the rules need to change.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,650 Posts
onewoman74 said:
I agree...I'm watching the match and he should 've just defaulted...the rules need to change.
Monfils should have won this last set a long time ago - it's mainly his fault, if he loses against sombody who was totally dead in the 5th!
Saying that, the rules indeed need a change!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,650 Posts
and the break is there for Novak :rolleyes:
 

·
Comparisons are Odious
Joined
·
10,541 Posts
I don't care who this Djokovic is, I am going to remember this match. I do not like when players pull stunts like that to win a match. I will never be a fan of his.
 
  • Like
Reactions: The Freak

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,234 Posts
mangoes said:
I don't care who this Djokovic is, I am going to remember this match. I do not like when players pull stunts like that to win a match. I will never be a fan of his.
It's not like Monfils wouldn't have done it had he thought of it first :p
 

·
Comparisons are Odious
Joined
·
10,541 Posts
sugar_kane said:
It's not like Monfils wouldn't have done it had he thought of it first :p

Well he didn't do it, so obviously Monfils is more of a sportsman than that idiot fake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
wow
actually first time seeing either for a long(ish) period of time
impressive play from both
monfils improved bunches from the last time i saw him - last year's wimbledon boys title
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top