Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yannick Noah was the last french man to win french open....Is Monfils in the right track to try and win french open?
Discuss...

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You never know...the first step for him is to reach Quarter finals....then it would be easy for him to reach finals as the bottom half is easy

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
Maybe if he had Simon's brain.

·
The Last Mohican
24,520 Posts
The French could do better. Clownfils doesn't have much talent. He only can run and push. Having no class or manners doesn't help either.

Having Novak or "Rafa" in the final is already a 100% dead cert that Clownfils will not grasp the trophy - and that's without taking into account every other variable.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
This is the kind of discussion topic that I'd expect on ITV. OP wins the John Inverdale Award.
The other day he said " *Insert Women's player name* has just taken a two sets to love lead over *other player* " without realising they only play first to two sets.

There should be a John Inverdale appreciation thread on here.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
His mission and task thid year is to remove Federer. He has ni chace of winning the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
62,010 Posts
Monfils is not favourite to win R4, will not be favourite to win the QF if he gets there, will certainly not be the favourite to win the SF if he gets there - unless he somehow gets to play Gabashvili - and do I really have to say anything about the final?

The French will have to wait for a new player to emerge. None of those we have seen play will ever win RG imo.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
The other day he said " *Insert Women's player name* has just taken a two sets to love lead over *other player* " without realising they only play first to two sets.

There should be a John Inverdale appreciation thread on here.
:lol: I saw that. And I've seen at least three times where he's referred to a 7-5 set as being 'won in the tiebreak'. Not to mention flaunting his Roland Garros guide book because he doesn't know anyone outside of the big four and Dimitrov (who apparently 'hasn't won his first slam yet' - thanks John) :haha:

Seriously, the guy is besting Castle in this tournament. And at least Castle has the excuse of his infatuation with Grigor - you can't help who you fall in love with.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
JohnKramer: Tennis Disgrace: Arrogant Federer
Hence this thread... nothing to discuss really.

·
|
15,342 Posts
Monfils is not favourite to win R4, will not be favourite to win the QF if he gets there, will certainly not be the favourite to win the SF if he gets there - unless he somehow gets to play Gabashvili - and do I really have to say anything about the final?

The French will have to wait for a new player to emerge. None of those we have seen play will ever win RG imo.
Whether a player is favorite or not has no impact on the results....

·
Registered
21,275 Posts
If he cared more about tennis and less about clowning I'd ecstatic to see him win it.

We all know what will happen if he does beat Federer today. 90% chance that he plays a stinker in the quarters.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is the best chance for Monfils as the bottom half of the draw is very easy.
IMO if he beats Federer...he can easily reach finals....and you never know in finals.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts