Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Monfils said, "It was tough because I'm sick. I have not much energy. Yesterday, I thought that maybe we might not play and it would help me a little bit, and finally we did play. I was battling to get a set and actually for me one-set all was perfect.

"I didn't have a great night last night, so it was maybe a mistake. Roger played solid. I think not very decent, but just a solid match. I couldn't challenge him because I was too tired... When you're 100 per cent is it's never easy to beat Roger, so when you're not 100 per cent it is definitely impossible."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2015/06/22/Roland-Garros-Monday-Federer-Monfils.aspx

That explains a lot.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Re: Monfils: "I couldn't challenge him because I was too tired"

Yeah yeah, healthy Monfils 4-0 against Federer yadi yadi yada. :D

But resting for more than half a day after playing only 2 sets deprive you of energy? Give me a fugging break. :lol:

·
Can't be bothered anymore
23,023 Posts

Gael, you decided to play the match. So you thought you could win.

Remember your words about Roger at DC?

Q. Did you feel Roger was not playing 100%, especially in the beginning of the match? Were you able to forget about this?
GAEL MONFILS: It was difficult. I didn't really look at him. Even Roger more than any other player, if he comes to play the match, it means he can beat me.
He didn't go to the final in the Masters. If he decided to play this match, he was thinking that he could win. I saw in the beginning, I was looking at the radar, he was serving at 200 kilometers an hour.
We all had physical problems. In Montpellier, my back was stuck, I couldn't play in the beginning. I ended up winning the tournament. Roger is stronger than I am. Even if he got hurt, he was able to rest. If he feels he's able to play, it means he thinks he can win.
Maybe in the beginning I was lucky because maybe in the beginning of the match he wasn't feeling the ball that well. But I don't think it had anything to do with his injury. It's just that he didn't play for five days. He was also under pressure. But after that it was extremely tough for me and I played well. I didn't let him come back into the match. So I don't really know if he was not 100%.

·
Registered
29,204 Posts

Eden bringing the truth tea as usual.

You don't like clowns, but root for Federer?:spit:
What the hell are you talking about? Have you taken your medication?

Reactions: Eden

·
Registered
5,674 Posts

Exposed.

·
Registered
36,855 Posts

he is 5.5 younger and was playing back to back

crybaby

·
Registered
2,568 Posts

Just found these gems from the OP:

If Federer was a master of dropshots like Djokovic then he would have never had any problems with Monfils.

If Djokovic could play good in sunset he would be the goat of goats. Basically RG-13, Wimbledon-13, RG-14, USO-14 were lost because of the heat.

Officials again making everything possible to stop Djokovic from winning another Slam.

There're only 2 scenarios that may stop Djokovic:

1) Nole will be forced to play 2 days in a row which will leave a toll on Djoko's physics and put Nadal in an unfairly good position which is similar to USO-12 final where Murray vultured his first Slam.

2) Nole may have a bad sleep because of his baby crying for no reason during the night.
Hilarious. I am almost certain he's another Djokovic hater pretending to like him. Baby crying one is deadset hilarious, props where due. Embodiment of subtle trolling. He's basically insinuating N0le cannot play in the heat, that he's not a good athelete and is making ridiculous comparisons between Djokovic's net play and Federer's in order to make the former look bad. Excellent.

·
Registered
186 Posts

This is why I hate this guy. If Federer loses to Wawrinka, I could not give a shit, but I was absolutely dreading him losing to Gael. Federer for one did play well and was striking off both wings sweetly, if he won the third set all this talk about being tired and injured wouldn't have been a thing at all

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

What the hell are you talking about? Have you taken your medication?
Why would Federer fans call Gael a clown for his trick shots if Fed also uses stuff like that?:lol:

Anyway, are you stealing insults from Maradona?:spit:

"It seems Pele is confused, and I think he has mixed up his medication," said Maradona. "He took the morning pill, instead of his night-time pill, and that has caused him to lose focus, which is why he came out with a statement like that.

·
Banned
2,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Hilarious. I am almost certain he's another Djokovic hater pretending to like him. Baby crying one is deadset hilarious, props where due.
Just interested in peak to peak battle between Djokovic and Nadal on Wednesday 3, that's why I hope that external factors won't affect any of the players.

If Djokovic will not beat Nadal in QF then he isn't GOAT in my book because according to Nole he plays his best tennis, so there shouldn't be any excuses. For me GOAT isn't someone like Fed who is only the most successful player, but someone who can dethrone all of his rivals.

·
Banned
1,221 Posts

Can't even keep track of what he says :D

·
Registered
2,798 Posts

Why would Federer fans call Gael a clown for his trick shots if Fed also uses stuff like that?:lol:

Anyway, are you stealing insults from Maradona?:spit:

"It seems Pele is confused, and I think he has mixed up his medication," said Maradona. "He took the morning pill, instead of his night-time pill, and that has caused him to lose focus, which is why he came out with a statement like that.
Because hitting that shot was the best way to win the point. Unlike Monfils who just likes to show off.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Monfils: ''Roger played solid. I think not very decent, but just a solid match''

... Typical Monfils.If he's not clowning on the court his mouth takes over with breathtaking oxymorons at every whim.

Solid.. not very decent... but solid.That's like saying that hot looking chick you saw across the street made you go hard... but soft... but hard.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Monfils: ''Roger played solid. I think not very decent, but just a solid match''

... Typical Monfils.If he's not clowning on the court his mouth takes over with breathtaking oxymorons at every whim.

Solid.. not very decent... but solid.That's like saying that hot looking chick you saw across the street made you go hard... but soft... but hard.
virgin alert

Don't see any issues with what Monfils said, actually appreciate the honesty. Also don't understand why a thread needs to be made about this, the comments should be put in the post match thread where they belong.

·
Registered
8,437 Posts
I doubt clowning your opening service games at both the start and the resumption of the match had anything to do with tiredness tbh...

·
Registered
821 Posts
Question is how is Federer getting so much of energy at this age???????
Very suspicious!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts