Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is with the hype of Monfils? I saw his match against Djokovic and he didn't have a lot on his strokes at all, and his serve wasn't spectacular either.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
funny guy (looks, attitude) and a couple of upsets in MS/slams, that's enough...

·
Banned
4,023 Posts
I saw a guy who was very talented , athletic and with a big serve. But he is still young and inexperienced with a typical game of clay courter. I mean he was sometimes way behind the baseline and was slipping and sliding all over . It depends on his mental progression and he will only turn 19 this week but he has the basic tools to become a top player. It will take awhile

·
Registered
698 Posts
CoreyH75 said:
What is with the hype of Monfils? I saw his match against Djokovic and he didn't have a lot on his strokes at all, and his serve wasn't spectacular either.

I love this sight he gets beat in 5 sets and now he has nothing (HA HA HA)

The guy is 19 years old, if you asked alot of top coaches would they love to coach this guy i would say the lot would want to, he is so raw but he has the tools to be a top player, give the guy a chance, he is powerful and has potentially a dangerous weapon with that forehand, give him till the end of 06 and you will see has defintly got something.

·
Registered
985 Posts
skel1983 said:
I love this sight he gets beat in 5 sets and now he has nothing (HA HA HA)

The guy is 19 years old, if you asked alot of top coaches would they love to coach this guy i would say the lot would want to, he is so raw but he has the tools to be a top player, give the guy a chance, he is powerful and has potentially a dangerous weapon with that forehand, give him till the end of 06 and you will see has defintly got something.

AMEN

·
_._._._._._
72,524 Posts
He won 3/4 Junior Slams in 1 year. He's got a lot of talent, whether he can reach the very top is another question though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts