Mens Tennis Forums banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
SammySammySammy OiOiOi
12,534 Posts
yes, go Lleyton!

It was quite smart actually, they figured if people could spend whatever event they really wanted to see, they were more likely to work the rest of the day rather than skive off early, call in sick etc. It seemed to work. They need to do it every January.

Thanks for the scores! Go Lleyton!

·
SammySammySammy OiOiOi
12,534 Posts
I think Lleyton will definitely be a danger. He's getting his drive and health back. One thing for sure, none of the top 3 will want to draw him in the fourth round!

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Re: Re: Monday Schedule

Ando said:
Hewitts first serve is looking a little ordinary but his groundstrokes have really improved, he will be a danger this year even on clay i think, he holds to lead: 6-4 3-1
interesting.... great!!!!!

and no, Number1Kim, definitely not! lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
hmm the moment I criticize hewitts serve he comes out and blasts two aces and then proceeds to fault every subsequent first serve but still holds:

Hewitt 6-4 4-2

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ruthless game here on Sargsians serve Hewitt had it at 00-40 with some of the sweetest groundies I've seen him pull off but he missed an easy lob to win the game!!! And amazingly Sargsian takes it back to deuce with some power of his own!!! Hewitt then immediately get s break point and breaks and will serve for the match:

6-4 5-2

·
85,829 Posts
wow well.... it sounds like Hewitt is back!

Very routine match for him it sounds like

·
85,829 Posts
Re: Re: Monday Schedule

Ando said:
jinx or no jinx he will hold now to win thats almost a certainty :)

haha yes that sounds right :) so you are new here, I see? Who are some of your favorites?

·
SammySammySammy OiOiOi
12,534 Posts
Thanks again for the scores. I'm not worried about the odd fault if he also has aces - shows a bit more aggression in his serving.

·
Registered
114 Posts
So with a bit of fist pumping Lleyton takes the 2nd set and the match 6-4 6-2, I dont think i heard too mant c'mons during this one but he looks really happy to have beaten Sargsian in such a clinical manner, he closed the game out very well

Hewitt: 6-4 6-2 :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
As for the guys I like Hewitt is up there, gotta support the local boys!!!!

Also like Schuttler, Safin and Massau

there are others who I enjoy watching but cant say that I am a full fan hehe

·
SammySammySammy OiOiOi
12,534 Posts
Oh good, you can pop into general messages every time some nutter (invariably not Australian themselves) proclaims that "Australians all hate Lleyton Hewitt". On second thoughts, if we had common sense we'd probably avoid those people altogether.

·
85,829 Posts
lol Number1Kim... you're probably right ;)

I'm not Australian.... but I'd LOVE to be. It's my one major dream in life, ok maybe after getting married and having kids.... to go to Australia before I die.

·
SammySammySammy OiOiOi
12,534 Posts
That's nice, it's good to have achievable dreams! Aus is a long way off but it's not hard to get here as long as you plan ahead!

·
85,829 Posts
I could last any plane ride to Australia :)

Have you Aussies read Bill Bryson's book about Australia? He's a travel/humor writer and I love him and reading his book just made me want more than anything to go 'down under'!

16 hour flight, really? well I could take it!!!! ;)

41 - 60 of 80 Posts