Mens Tennis Forums banner

121 - 140 of 145 Posts

·
Vamos Mandy :)
85,829 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Monday Schedule/Scores/Results

1jackson2001 said:
Glad that you're watching more than the GS now. :)

Federer has quite a better indoor record last year than Roddick. They aren't nearly identical.

Oh yes, I am definitely trying to follow it all now - as much as time will permit (I'm on a long weekend break, which is why I am here all the time the past few days lol) anyway. I watched the North American TMS tourneys and the Davis Cup that we could get here in the US and I am now hooked on it all. Plus I've finally figured out/understand how the rankings work, and it's always more enjoyable when you understand what's going on :D

As for Federer's indoor record, I just meant these three tournaments - Madrid, Basel, and Paris... their results are fairly similar. Federer went to SF in Basel last year and Roddick to Q and they both went to QF in Paris.... but yes including all the other tourneys definitely Federer's overall indoor record is better than Andy's.

btw.... go Robby! 1st set 6-3 on a break!

Also go Corretja - 1st set 6-2! I've always respected him since the 1996 US Open match with Pete.

·
Blown Out On the Trail
62,739 Posts
Re: Re: Monday Schedule/Scores/Results

Tennis Fool said:
I got the Damm/Suk point the first time. I didn't expect Roddick/Fish to win--just to get more practice time on the court.

Star: Roddick *can't* suck in Europe if he's going to be top dog.

Sorry, if you though I was disagreeing with you. I wasn't. When I said he needs all sorts of character developing play in Europe that was what I was referring to.

·
85,829 Posts
Lee said:
:woohoo: Ginepri

GO ALEX!!!! :bounce:

haha love the smileys!

Nadal broke back in the 3rd :(

Robby plays Rainer (on Wednesday I assume) :(

·
85,829 Posts
wooooohoooooooo goooooooo Corretja!!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I would have *loved* to see Rafael play Roger (I'm sure he will in the future), but have never seen Alex either, so that's fine by me. Just hoping and praying the match will be an evening one, otherwise I'll still be at the airport whilst they're playing!

·
85,829 Posts
awwww Nadal is what? 17? 18? He'll have plenty of chances :)

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Re: Re: Monday Schedule/Scores/Results

star said:
I wanted Nadal to win. :sad:
Me too :(

But then again, I would have been scared for Roger in the next round :eek:

Corretja will be like puddy in Roger's hands :yeah:

·
85,829 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Monday Schedule/Scores/Results

Tennis Fool said:
Funny. That's when I started disliking him vehemently.
Really? Can I ask why? Just curious :)

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
He was supposed to have beat Sampras in that tiebreak :fiery: You can't even beat a sick Sampras and double-fault at that???

If Sampras had lost, Michael Chang would have had a better chance of winning his 2nd Slam and becoming No. 1 in the world. :sad:

121 - 140 of 145 Posts