Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K. Carlsen (DEN) d. N. Kiefer (GER) 52 ret. (lower leg pain) :D :eek:
(8)D. Sanguinetti (ITA) vs. (WC)M. Norman (SWE)
O. Ogorodov (UZB) vs. (Q)V. Voltchkov (BLR)
A. Stoliarov (RUS) d. (Q)T. Ketola (FIN) 26 76(2) 62
M. Verkerk (NED) vs. (6)I. Ljubicic (CRO)
H. Levy (ISR) d. N. Davydenko (RUS) 64 76(9)
K. Beck (SVK) d. R. Sluiter (NED) 61 76(5)

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Tsk tsk GoDom! Rooting against your own countryman!;) Nicolas should take the rest of this year off! It's too miserable for a talented player like him!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
188 Posts
It will be hard to Ivan Ljubicic. As he may face to Safin.

GOOD LUCK to Uzbek tenis players, participating in both events.

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
I read it on BBC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/2247660.stm

Eighth seed Davide Sanguinetti fought back from a set down to beat wild card Magnus Norman as the President's Cup got under way in Tashkent, Uzbekistan on Monday.

The Italian came through 4-6 6-4 7-6 against former world number three Swede Norman.

Sanguinetti recovered from 0-3 down in the final set to win the decisive tie-break and set up a second round clash with Russia's Andrei Stoliarov.

"I did not play at my full strength today," said Sanguinetti.

"I performed at 50-60% of my top form against Magnus to warm up for the next round.

"I know I'm ready to play much better and I'm set to do it in the next match."

Sixth seed Ivan Lubicic of Croatia cruised past Martin Verkerk of the Netherlands 6-4 6-1.

But Germany's Nicolas Kiefer was forced to retire with a knee injury at 2-5 down in the opening set of his match with Denmark's Kenneth Carlsen.

Marat Safin paired up with fellow Russian Denis Golovanov to beat Rainer Schuettler and Mikhail Youzhny 6-3 6-3 in the doubles.

The world number two is the defending champion in singles and will begin his campaign on Tuesday.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts