Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a done deal but it is a possibility

The U.S. Open men's final has been pushed an extra day, to Monday, the past four years. Soon, according to the United States Tennis Association, it will become a permanent arrangement, possibly as early as this year.

"We're in ongoing discussions regarding the schedule to ensure there's a day of rest for the men and women between the semifinals and finals," Chris Widmaier, the USTA's managing director of corporate communications, said Thursday. "It's not clear if it will happen for 2012, but we expect it will by at least 2013."

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/i...s-association-wants-us-open-men-final-mondays

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
Good for the game.

·
Your visions will happen
51,258 Posts
They think they can beat Monday Night Football?
Exactly.

Fucking USTA morons.

Schedule the SEMIS on Friday, the FINALS on Sunday, and don't spread the first round over 3 days.

How fucking difficult is this? :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
pretty annoying. I went to Super Saturday last year and was thinking of going to the Finals this year, IF it's on a weekend. I'm coming from 8 hours away and don't want to have to take 1-2 days off work.

·
Your visions will happen
51,258 Posts

·
Banned
10,179 Posts
it doesn't matter even if they don't decide to move it to monday.....it will be played on monday anyway.....

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Exactly.

Fucking USTA morons.

Schedule the SEMIS on Friday, the FINALS on Sunday, and don't spread the first round over 3 days.

How fucking difficult is this? :facepalm:
This.

Will never happen though.

:eek:

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
So USO is obviously abandoning the Super Saturday, or are they thinking about a no-match Sunday? But, as they probably abandon the Super Saturday, Friday semis would work better. And should it rain on Monday, the final would be on Tuesday, which would be terrible. If they want to have more match days, then start on Sunday like RG.

·
Registered
61,158 Posts
so incredibly stupid. jesus. why cant they just schedule like every other fucking slam?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
The Monday final is HORRIBLE. It starts at 4:00 on the East Coast. The entire country is at work. The USTA is working really hard to make the USO the most hated Slam. God, I fucking hate them!!! :mad:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts