Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a recreation-level "player", I've never gotten injured playing tennis, until yesterday. I was warming up before I was going to play with someone, and what seemed like slow motion, I went to hit a ball with my body leaning one way and trying to move another, a misstep and I twisted my ankle. The funny part is, I was hitting against the wall.

A notable incident occurred when I was playing with someone. I was in no man's land, he hit a forehand low and directly at me, I couldn't dodge it or get a racquet in front. Without getting graphic, it hit me right on my opening. Prior to dropping to the ground to compose myself, I yelped: bull's eye. The next 10 minutes or so were a little uncomfortable, but thankfully nothing to sideline me.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I pulled a groin muscle playing high school tennis, mid serve. All I could do was crumple to the ground, limp through the match and then just manage it. It was totally playable, but I think I just never recovered it quite right because now it feels like the weakest muscle in my body ever since then.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts