Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
think thats my favourite name on the tour!

would love to hear someone called that winning the US Open!! :)

but as he lost 6-0 6-0 to slimane saoudi, who in turn lost 6-2 6-1 to david guez, who himself lost 6-1 6-2 to jakub herm-zahlava, who lost 6-3 6-2 to andreas beck, who lost 7-5 6-1 to kevin deden who lost 6-2 6-0 to lamine ouahab who lost 6-1 6-3 to ivo klec who himself lost 6-1 6-2 to the israeli dudi sela (the only one i have heard of)....i dont think it will happen yet!

so....bookies will give odds of maybe 10-1 :p

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Lamine Ouahab beat Rafa Nadal in Wimbledon Junior Semifinals some years ago!
But Rafa was still 15 y.o. or something !

·
MONSOON season.
82,889 Posts
federer express said:
think thats my favourite name on the tour!

would love to hear someone called that winning the US Open!! :)

but as he lost 6-0 6-0 to slimane saoudi, who in turn lost 6-2 6-1 to david guez, who himself lost 6-1 6-2 to jakub herm-zahlava, who lost 6-3 6-2 to andreas beck, who lost 7-5 6-1 to kevin deden who lost 6-2 6-0 to lamine ouahab who lost 6-1 6-3 to ivo klec who himself lost 6-1 6-2 to the israeli dudi sela (the only one i have heard of)....i dont think it will happen yet!

so....bookies will give odds of maybe 10-1 :p
Jakub :mad: Wish he'd get his ass out of the Challenger/Future circuit. Oh well. Ain't happening anytime soon.

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
because he would probably be searched about 20 times before even being allowed into the country
LOL! There are probably lots of people living here in the NYC area (not as large as greater London's) with that name. There is quite a sizable Muslim population here--Arabs from the Middle East, Arabs from the Gulf States, North Africans, and lots of Indians, Pakistanis, and Bangladeshis as well as a fairly large AFrican-American convert population.

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
max122 said:
Does every christian go to Church? umm I dont think so ;)

some key things about being a muslim...

pilgrimage to makka (or mecca)
supposed to pray five times a day
fasting during ramadan
giving fixed percentage of income to charitable causes
declaring allah the only god and accepting muhammad to be his prophet

maybe safin does these things. like i said i dont know.

(i am not muslim by the way, just to clarify)

·
Fed Fo Mod
11,233 Posts
'fasting during ramadan'

he cant do that
All-time basketball legend Hakeem Olajuwon did when he went back to his Islamic roots later in his career. I remember him playing a great game against the Chicago Bulls in the middle of his fast when he had already been fasting for 8 or 9 hours or so. Other players were drinking water and he just sat there, went back in the game and dominated.

As for Safin being a Muslim, if his family has Islamic roots, which they do, it doesn't mean he is a Muslim. He has to hold the basic Islamic beliefs to be a Muslim. He can still be a "tartar" ethnically but not a Muslim per se.

For an example, there is an Indian I work with whose parents are orthodox Muslims but he is an atheist. Is he a Muslim?

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
NYCtennisfan said:
All-time basketball legend Hakeem Olajuwon did when he went back to his Islamic roots later in his career. I remember him playing a great game against the Chicago Bulls in the middle of his fast when he had already been fasting for 8 or 9 hours or so. Other players were drinking water and he just sat there, went back in the game and dominated.

As for Safin being a Muslim, if his family has Islamic roots, which they do, it doesn't mean he is a Muslim. He has to hold the basic Islamic beliefs to be a Muslim. He can still be a "tartar" ethnically but not a Muslim per se.

For an example, there is an Indian I work with whose parents are orthodox Muslims but he is an atheist. Is he a Muslim?
very informative ;)

·
Registered
26,748 Posts
he said in interviews he's muslim
one of the stuff he wears around his neck his a representation of the koran ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.