Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are so many threads where we criticise Moderation and Moderators. As it should be. With great power comes great responsibility.

However, sometimes, we are just glad when Moderator step up and resolve an issue. So perhaps we should have one thread where we show our appreciation to our unknown Moderator as a way to wind up their resolve at keeping this forum clean and helpful.

I know some people will find something to argue about, but this is not such a thread. This thread is about those silent acts Moderators do, to let them know that we are grateful.

So this thread have some rules.
No Moderator name mentioned.
No user nicknames mentioned who were sanctioned in the process.(we do not want witch hunt here)

Only mention thread or post(no links), helpful deed in your own words.

I'll go first.

When I started using this forum , I adjusted here easily, community was helpful, but especially one Moderator who helped me by giving me pointers and direction around the forum.

Some times ago, about two weeks. Moderators silently resolved issue where one user created thread were other users could find some reason to bash Serbs.

Today there was quick response by Moderators where user created thread with " Do you consider Djokovic a cheater" theme, making place for trolling and flaming. I reported it, and within minutes thread was removed.

·
Banned
15,396 Posts
Re: Moderation apprichiation thread

+1 :yeah:

I did criticize them in couple of occacions, but I must say, from what I saw so far, moderators here are much better than on some other similar internet forums. Kudos!

·
Registered
29,207 Posts

What's this, an asslicking contest? Smart move but no thank you.

Most of the new moderators are decent. What hurts though is when previously good posters turn into poor ones when promoted to mods. The best mods are those who don't really care about the power they have.

·
Banned
858 Posts

I got my thread "can a player be a surface goat with such stat" deleted for trolling. All I did was stating that federer had zero finals in last 10 hc slams. According to our moderation stating facts=trolling.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

This forum is in very sour state. Well, no point in this thread existing.

Its not about asslicking or anything. Its about good vibe. Moderators often volunteer, spending their free time so we (the normal ones) can have pleasant time here.

So let me deduct a conclusion here .

3 out of 4 users failed to respect my thread and me , why? What wrong have I done to you?
3 out of 4 users didn't bother to read the thread, instead randomly typed something negative.

You lot, ever heard of cognitive bias. Its a condition where you selectively choose what to acknowledge . And in your case its called negativity bias.

So please why not try to understand, and type something according to the topic, or just ignore the thread.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts

Can we have a "Poster appreciating Moderation appreciation thread"???

A good rep for the deliberate spelling in the title. ;)

On Topic:
I appreciate you mods. :clap2:

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Can we have a "Poster appreciating Moderation appreciation thread"???

A good rep for the deliberate spelling in the title. ;)

On Topic:
I appreciate you mods. :clap2:

Ups. Ill fix it thanks.

·
Registered
10,559 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts

I got my thread "can a player be a surface goat with such stat" deleted for trolling. All I did was stating that federer had zero finals in last 10 hc slams. According to our moderation stating facts=trolling.
FYI, "OAT" in "GOAT" stands for Of All Time, so you were indeed trolling, kudos for mods.

·
Premium Member
20,653 Posts
Yes, I like them. :)

·
Registered
15,787 Posts
disgraceful thread.

Love you mods though :hearts:

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
This thread briefly shows how some people entitled are.

We have 40% bash posts.
50% genuinely nice but utterly oblivious to the point of this thread.
And 90% of total sum missed the point.

Maybe my English is not that good. Donno. Maybe people don't read.

Its not about one individual MOD, but theirs work.
Have anybody of you stopped for a second in your life and pat on the shoulder janitor or garbagemen or anyone that have dull,disgusting,dirty,mundane job. JUST FOR A SECOND?

Im not trivialising jobs, but some jobs are mundane to the point of that people are doing it either because they must or they love. How do you make a chore fest a bit easier?
By acknowledging it.
That was my point.
Its totally irrelevant if you like or love mods. Its relevant that you notice good job well done.

Im rightfully pissed because this is just sad.

·
Lurrrkin'
18,058 Posts

It's all good Vukie, we know what your goal was. People like having a bit of fun on NT, rather than taking threads down here too seriously. Especially when it's about mugerators.

Besides, the mod lifestyle isn't always all that mundane. It can be pretty glamorous and cookieful

·
Registered
9,845 Posts
This thread briefly shows how some people entitled are.

We have 40% bash posts.
50% genuinely nice but utterly oblivious to the point of this thread.
And 90% of total sum missed the point.

Maybe my English is not that good. Donno. Maybe people don't read.

Its not about one individual MOD, but theirs work.
Have anybody of you stopped for a second in your life and pat on the shoulder janitor or garbagemen or anyone that have dull,disgusting,dirty,mundane job. JUST FOR A SECOND?

Im not trivialising jobs, but some jobs are mundane to the point of that people are doing it either because they must or they love. How do you make a chore fest a bit easier?
By acknowledging it.
That was my point.
Its totally irrelevant if you like or love mods. Its relevant that you notice good job well done.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Besides, the mod lifestyle isn't always all that mundane. It can be pretty glamorous and cookieful
Grand, coookies!

Btw, you are talking about ego-tripping. Yes. If you are Mod for a month or max year. 5 or more? Not so glamorous . Having fun is all about the point, but you've seen those trolls of late?

Batshit crazy.

All in all, I don't mind anything said here. Some people will tease, other will post something awkwardly just so I feel better. Im ok with that. I'll do my thing alone.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts