Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Miss Thang
36,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The teacher I spoke to about my teaching hours informed me that his creative writing class was doing a unit on prejudice, using themes from children's books for discussion. I looove children's books!!! Anyway, a book I suggested was one that he enjoyed reading as well, and he was gracious enough to allow me to teach it! The book is called "Come On, Rain" by Karen Hesse. I was introduced to this book when I went to a student conference last fall, and I loved it so much that I wanted my own copy! I may still get one from the Book Fair at my local library. I so want to teach this book, that I'm eager to get started!

In other news....Nalby's cousin died, and the way that it happened....oh, my goodness. I don't know how I would handle having a member of my family die under such tragic circumstances. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. And I'm amazed that he still wants to compete in Shanghai. All the best to him if he should firmly decide to go through with it.

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
I will buy this book, I love children books too, because I am teacher, The about David is so sad.
:hug:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts