Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mitchell Krueger joins Noah Rubin in the scathing criticism of Novak’s supposed leadership in this time of crisis

Djokovic has been a massive failure as ATP Council Chairman.

Will will never forget how Novak left us in the lurch in a time of crisis and looked out for himself and fellow top players instead of us.

Very disappointed by Djokovic‘s handling of the situation. Tennis is currently on life support.

·
Registered
21,771 Posts
So many lower ranked players are attacking Djokovic, this shows that it’s bullshit he’s been looking out for them like many people claim.

·
Registered
958 Posts
This whole situation has really highlighted the divide between the top players and lower-ranked players. But Djokovic is getting a bit scapegoated here, he may be ATP chairman but that ultimately doesn't mean much and he can't move mountains on health and travel restrictions. Didn't the council try to present ideas for relief funds to help struggling players but ultimately got voted down? Hearing Thiem's thoughts on the matter, there's no doubt there were other players who felt the same.

There's nothing Djokovic, Federer, Nadal, or anyone else could have done to stop the USTA from cancelling qualifying and downsizing the doubles events. At the end of the day, it's just business for them. Especially since there will be no spectators, there's no diehard audience of tennis fans to come watch the qualifying rounds for example. All their profit this time is based on TV/streaming contracts, and let's be real, barely anyone's going to tune in (relatively speaking) to watch random qualifier matches. So the simple logic for the US Open is that having a full qualifying draw and doubles draws won't add much value for them, but it creates a logistical headache with the current global situation.

While I do support the right of lower ranked players to express their opinions, I feel all of these attacks on the top players lately aren't going to exactly help improve their position. It's the higher ups, the administrators of the tennis world that have always held all the power. And I'm sure they don't mind there being a rift between higher and lower ranked players. After all, if they're squabbling amongst each other, how could they possibly form a unified and cohesive voice to ask for better compensation?

·
Premium Member
9,084 Posts
Why don't you look at what Pospisil has to say about all of this? You won't like what you hear, Djokovic hater.
Just like you don't like what you hear from low ranked players? Deluded Federer hater.

·
Registered
59,026 Posts
Yeah, his handling of the whole crisis has been unbelievably bad.

Pretty amazing to see how many fans of the top players have such a sad parasocial relationship with them to believe them generally benevolent in the face of any evidence.

·
Registered
154 Posts
But, I thought Federer and Nadal joined the council to stop the evils of Novaxx? Surely, their generous hearts and widespread popularity would have rendered Novaxx's power useless? Where are they now?!?

I'm sure if Krueger was in Djokovic's position, he would boycott the open unless they had qualifying and a wheelchair draw. Right?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Sick of this baseless attacks on Novak. As if he has the power to make qualifying and doubles go ahead. Why aren't they attacking the USTA who is ultimately in charge of making all these decisions?

Also Mitchell saying that Federer and Nadal wouldn't put themselves in this position. What exactly did they do for the lower ranked players when they were president and vice president of the players council?

He is just salty that he won't be able to play the US Open due to his ranking being too low to enter the main draw.

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
This guy makes even less sense than Rubin did. Djokovic has been attempting to create a player's union for years now that would prevent tennis bodies like the USTA from making unilateral decisions like cancelling qualifying (which is what it appears Krueger is so pissed about), only to be stopped time and again by the tennis establishment (and over the past year, Federer and Nadal). There is no evidence that Djokovic was happy with the USTA's decision here. It runs contrary to everything he's been working toward.

Whatever Krueger thinks Djokovic is guilty of in this instance (which he seems incapable of explaining judging by his tweets), Federer and Nadal (also members on the player's counsel), who he defended in his tweets, would seemingly be just as guilty.

·
Registered
13,801 Posts
This whole situation has really highlighted the divide between the top players and lower-ranked players. But Djokovic is getting a bit scapegoated here, he may be ATP chairman but that ultimately doesn't mean much and he can't move mountains on health and travel restrictions. Didn't the council try to present ideas for relief funds to help struggling players but ultimately got voted down? Hearing Thiem's thoughts on the matter, there's no doubt there were other players who felt the same.

There's nothing Djokovic, Federer, Nadal, or anyone else could have done to stop the USTA from cancelling qualifying and downsizing the doubles events. At the end of the day, it's just business for them. Especially since there will be no spectators, there's no diehard audience of tennis fans to come watch the qualifying rounds for example. All their profit this time is based on TV/streaming contracts, and let's be real, barely anyone's going to tune in (relatively speaking) to watch random qualifier matches. So the simple logic for the US Open is that having a full qualifying draw and doubles draws won't add much value for them, but it creates a logistical headache with the current global situation.

While I do support the right of lower ranked players to express their opinions, I feel all of these attacks on the top players lately aren't going to exactly help improve their position. It's the higher ups, the administrators of the tennis world that have always held all the power. And I'm sure they don't mind there being a rift between higher and lower ranked players. After all, if they're squabbling amongst each other, how could they possibly form a unified and cohesive voice to ask for better compensation?
Yeah, the USTA had a choice between USO qualifying the week before the USO or playing Cincinnati. Only one of those was going to create TV revenue for them, so they made the decision that they did. The 100+ ranked guys are going to bear the brunt of this pandemic more than anybody.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
These days there are two ways to be called a tennis star: one is to win matches and titles consistently, over a long period of time... the other is to insult Djokovic.

Rubin got called a tennis star, his comments travelled round the world in no time. I guess Krueger said: why not? He doesn't have Noah's stellar achievements, he has only won a total of 2 (TWO) ATP matches. A long way to go before he matches Noah's 8. 😍

I think they have both illustrated why American male tennis is in such a pickle: with that intelligence and that psychology, they're not going anywhere tennis wise. No matter how hard they hit the ball. 😀

Now I understand why Thiem refused to give any money for lower ranked players, saying he knew them, how lazy and entitled some of them were. He had a point.

Anyway, they will probably get their 15 minutes of fame, they probably don't know what's going on, what's been going on for years. They probably don't realise they're being manipulated, used as pawns in a bigger struggle. Don't they know that Novak has been trying to organise a union to fight for better conditions, specifically lower-ranked players? 🤔

They should learn of all the attempts to remove Djokovic from the Player Council, starting in 2016, continuing when he first talked about a union of players, culminating with a failed coup during Wimbledon last year, after failing to use Gimmelstob to bring Novak down. Then they got Roger and Rafa in the council, to see if they could get Kermode his job back: they couldn't. They have done nothing.

So now they are attempting to use the lower-ranked players, see if they can succeed where Fedal failed.

As a Nole fan, I hope the revolt succeeds. I hope they vote Novak out and get the president they deserve.

Nole will be able to really focus on his tennis, without spending so much time and energy on a bunch of ungrateful, mediocre brats. He'll be able to break all the records left for him to break.

The tennis oligarchs will get a puppet president, they'll be able to continue treating players like crap, giving them a pitiful cut of the pie, they'll be able to finalise that millionaire business with a betting company selling players' data that they can't finish under the current administartion... so they'll be getting richer and richer.

Everybody wins.

Except the lower-ranked players, of course, if they are stupid enough to believe what theynare being told by corrupt journos and other sycophants. But it would be Darwinian natural selection.

So no complaints from me.

😀😀

·
justice for all
15,150 Posts
Djokovic's fraudulent charity has been refuted by another player. Colour me surprised.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
I think I know a thing or two about tennis, but I've never heard of Krueger.

Although Djokovic's role as president of the players council is controversial, it's unfair for the lower ranked players to attack the elite, because, and they should write this down, the filthy rich governing bodies don't care about them at all. Oh no, I shouldn't say that. Six million dollars. That's what ITF/ATP/WTA and the four grand slams are willing to spend to help lower ranked players. Krueger should go nuts in front of their headquarters, but no, as always, the elite players get pulled through the mud. Ungrateful, really.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Thanks.

Typical challenger player and although he became pro eight years ago, I don't know all of them. Wish him the best, but he shouldn't aim at Djokovic. It's not the Serb's fault the governing bodies of tennis don't care about lower ranked players.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Maybe Krueger and Rubin should go to Belgrade and Monte Carlo and start rioting and protesting against Djokovic.

They should just stfu and try to win tennis matches. If they can't win tennis matches, it's time to retire and work as a coach.

It's shameful these broke losers feel the need to attack and blame Novak Djokovic. Train harder and work harder and stop complaining.

·
28,747 Posts
Maybe Krueger and Rubin should go to Belgrade and Monte Carlo and start rioting and protesting against Djokovic.

They should just stfu and try to win tennis matches. If they can't win tennis matches, it's time to retire and work as a coach.

It's shameful these broke losers feel the need to attack and blame Novak Djokovic. Train harder and work harder and stop complaining.
They aren't attacking Djokovic the tennis player, they are attacking the president of the player's council.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts