Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bacsinzky +5.5 vs Wozniacki @1.95 - I could be very wrong with this one, but with Woz being in the form of her life right now, I don't think she will be eager to burn herself out this week right before the US Open. Bacsinzsky has been solid in quals and I think she'll have enough against a (hopefully) sub-par Caro to tighten up the sets.

Soler-Espinosa over Rybarikova @2.0 - She hasn't had the easiest draws but Rybarikova has been horribly out of form since just before Wimbledon. I followed Soler-Espinosas matches through quals and she breezed through, especially on her own serve. I think she is well worth the evens shot.

Dustin Brown over Garcia-Lopez @ 2.0 - Neither particularly like hardcourts but I feel Browns game will be the much harder to breakdown on these particularly fast American hardcourts. GGL couldn't even find a way through James Ward in Cincy.

Edit: Having a go at Bencic over Strycova @ 2.1 too

·
Registered
476 Posts
Bacsinzky +5.5 vs Wozniacki @1.95 - I could be very wrong with this one, but with Woz being in the form of her life right now, I don't think she will be eager to burn herself out this week right before the US Open. Bacsinzsky has been solid in quals and I think she'll have enough against a (hopefully) sub-par Caro to tighten up the sets.

Soler-Espinosa over Rybarikova @2.0 - She hasn't had the easiest draws but Rybarikova has been horribly out of form since just before Wimbledon. I followed Soler-Espinosas matches through quals and she breezed through, especially on her own serve. I think she is well worth the evens shot.

Dustin Brown over Garcia-Lopez @ 2.0 - Neither particularly like hardcourts but I feel Browns game will be the much harder to breakdown on these particularly fast American hardcourts. GGL couldn't even find a way through James Ward in Cincy.
Really like your Monday caption "mind the tanks" At first I thought of mobile tanks as in mind the tanks so you do not get run over on the betting highway. But still, it serves it purpose in its ambiguity...referring to tennis tanks which can still run you over financially. lol!! I like your picks too and the way you are thinking. A dangerous Monday. Querry and Janowicz should be treated with real caution. Querry especially can drop a set or more to give the bookies a grand monday. Querry is hot public bet and suspiciously so!!!!

·
Premium Member
96,462 Posts
Like the theory about Wozniacki but a look at her past results here in Connecticut all played a week before the US Open suggests she takes this week seriously. Doesn't make any sense to me.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Like the theory about Wozniacki but a look at her past results here in Connecticut all played a week before the US Open suggests she takes this week seriously. Doesn't make any sense to me.
I see your point too. But the fact that she takes it seriously or has been taking it seriously does not do any damage to his theory to the extent that it would not make any sense. In fact such inadequate pacing and prioritization of schedules has cost Wozniacki a lot in the past. I One of the reasons she has not performed well in past slams has been having a real tedious schedule even up to the beginning of a slam. The premise here is that she would now realize that she has now has hit the required form needed for the US open and just needs a good rest before. The +5.5 is not guaranteeing a Wozniacki loss, but an indication in Basinczky being the value here, realising that she has what it takes to narrow the defeat down to 5 at the very worst. I still see a dodgy Monday here and believe Woz will not be stepping too hard on the gas pedal. She most likely will win to keep her momentum going!!!! If you look back over the years, the players who come from a succession of tournaments red-hot into a slam never really make it far. Woz priorities for the US open must be different here. She will actually be preparing to go for the title different to past years when she aimed to just do well!!

·
Registered
18,056 Posts
Pretty much flip of the coin with the handicap,it could easy be a touch up or a close game of + 3 !I feel it's the early one with maybe the opponent winning 3 to 4 games for the match, either way it will be interesting outcome!Jerzy's serve should get him the momentum while the Shark looks tempting as well as Bellucci!

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
I don't really like the theory of the tank.. Wozniacki'll either tank or she won't, if she doesn't she'll probably win 6-1 6-3, if she does she'll lose.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Low stakes accumulator for me today, not holding out much hope but stranger things have happened.

Goffin 2-0, Ginepri, Brown, Soler Espinosa and Svitolina for odds of around 18.5

·
Registered
492 Posts
Low stakes accumulator for me today, not holding out much hope but stranger things have happened.

Goffin 2-0, Ginepri, Brown, Soler Espinosa and Svitolina for odds of around 18.5
Quick loss on that.

Have gone medium stakes in play on Bellucci over Dancevic at 1.83, 5-3 up in the second set and one set down.

Brown looks like a good bet later, any stake depends on whether Bellucci works out or not though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts