Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am happy Milos got to his first grand slam semifinal but disappointed in how he played it. Milos will be disappointed with the loss but he needs to look into himself more. The return is the weakness and it needs to get better or I am afraid he will not win a slam. The return is the key he left Federer off easy he did not return well enough to do anything. The two people working with Milos need to look at the tape of this. Milos is talented and getting better but not good enough to beat the big boys yet.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
Please tell us more. It was not obvious enough that Raonic's return is weak.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Uh...mediocre defense/movement skills and backhand, don't forget that.

Having a huge serve continue to bail you out of games is not what I call talented.

Is John Isner talented?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Please tell us more. It was not obvious enough that Raonic's return is weak.
Yes, well I am just pointing out the truth no need to get upset about it. Milos gets away with playing the low ranked players but Federer just gets the ball it. Milos really needs to do something about the return it is the key to him going higher in the rankings. The good news is Milos will hit a new high I think of number 6 in the world on Monday. But if Milos wants to be a serious slam threat the return has to get stronger.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
His problem is he sucks at everything except serving.

He is literally bad at tennis.
This is an immature statement Milos will be number 6 in the world. You done anything in your life to be one of the best? Milos is a damn good tennis player but in order to beat the best players he needs to strengthen the weaknesses in his game.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Yes, well I am just pointing out the truth no need to get upset about it. Milos gets away with playing the low ranked players but Federer just gets the ball it. Milos really needs to do something about the return it is the key to him going higher in the rankings. The good news is Milos will hit a new high I think of number 6 in the world on Monday. But if Milos wants to be a serious slam threat the return has to get stronger.

What about his movement? His mediocre groundstrokes?

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
We've known this for 3 years now. Just have to look at Isner.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We've known this for 3 years now. Just have to look at Isner.
I disagree, Milos is a better player than Isner he got to the FO quarterfinals and he beat Simon to do it. Milos I feel has youth on his side he already will be higher ranked than Isner will be. Milos will be 6 in the world on Monday. I see why people say Milos is like Isner but I think it is unfair. Milos is a better tennis player than Isner.

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
Is this true?

New lows for tennis and I'm not being dramatic here. If Raonic is the 6th best in the world then the sport has some serious problems.

Oh and Raonic will never win a slam.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What about his movement? His mediocre groundstrokes?
The forehand is good the backhand is still the problem. I still think this is a good from Milos. He finally got past the fourth round in a slam getting to the FO Qfinals and the semifinals of Wimbledon! Still an awesome two months for Milos this is. I do feel though Milos and his team need to look at the tape of this against Federer. Milos return what he and the people he is working with need to strengthen the backhand more.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is this true?

New lows for tennis and I'm not being dramatic here. If Raonic is the 6th best in the world then the sport has some serious problems.

Oh and Raonic will never win a slam.
Wow so many kids on this thread. Milos has good results all year he is getting deep into so many tournaments. The FO qfinals and Wimbledon semifinals are huge in terms of points. Milos also got to the semifinals of Italian Open, and quarterfinals of Monte carlo. Milos also has qfinals of Miami and Indian Wells. Milos beats who he is supposed to beat the problem is beating the big boys still.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Raonic didn't improve after 2012. Some Canadatards are hyping him,because he is consistent,but that's because he doesn't face Top 10 players in early rounds.
Raonic vs top 10 this year 1 win and 6 loses.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
He's gotten this far with a weak return. A guy with Raonic's size will never have the agility/flexibility required to be a great returner. but what he has done is improve his groundstrokes and his game at the net. This is crucial because it gives him something to fall back on when he's having an off serving day. Raonic is building around his strengths and as he continues to rise in the rankings the draws will get easier. A transitional era(the end of the big 4) is coming and I think he will rack up most of his titles there.

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Milos is a better player than Isner but way less clutch. It wasn't his returning that lost him the match today, but his serving. Terribly unclutch in the x-30 and break point moments.

I thought Connors made a good point when he said Milos's bad movement is exposed even further because he watches his shots (particularly his serve) and doesn't anticipate the reply.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

1 - 20 of 21 Posts