Mens Tennis Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,626 Posts
Alvarillo said:
the event would be played in hard-indoors courts ;)
I'm glad to hear that ;)

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Spain seems like such an exotic place to live with a great party/club scene. Am I right with my assumption or is this just a wild thought. I was in Salamance for a weekend recently and it was awesome.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
It would be great, as I live 200 mts from the place it should take place.
Note to all: the Davis Cup tie between Spain and Morocco has been the ONLY time when tennis in this city has been played on clay. It's usually played on indoor hardcourts.
There used to be a Zaragoza tournament, in 1994 I was in the final and could watch Magnus Larsson winning the title.
Then the Spanish Master, won by Mantilla that year; and all Conchita Martínez exhibitions vs Graf twice (once Conchi was replaced by ASV as she got sick), Kournikova and last year with Ruano vs Hingis and Petrova all have been hard indoors

·
Registered
20,932 Posts
joeyd2005 said:
Milan isn't much of a tourney, I mean even Volandri, the home favourite, chooses to go to South America so what's the point?
Well I guess Milan don't deserve an ATP tournament then but it's a shame because it's such a great city.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It will be hard court in the same scheduled slot as Milan:

For 2006,

01/16 - 01/29 Australian Open
01/30 - 02/05 Milan
02/06 - 02/12 Davis Cup I
02/13 - 02/19 Marseille
02/20 - 02/26 Rotterdam
02/27 - 03/05 Dubai

·
Premium Member
12,570 Posts
I hope it will be in Singapore. If it's in Zaragoza, it would be bad for the South American clay season in February, because one of the main attractives of these tournaments are the spanish players like Moya and Nadal. I mean, maybe they wouldn't be inclined to travel to South America to play clay tournaments, having a tournament in their own country.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Grinder said:
Spain seems like such an exotic place to live with a great party/club scene. Am I right with my assumption or is this just a wild thought. I was in Salamance for a weekend recently and it was awesome.
Salamanca :worship:
well, u were at one of the best party-spanish cities ever jejeje :p

yayy ! Zaragoza, sounds sooo cool!!! :bigclap:

·
Registered
21,729 Posts
Valencia ain't bad either for clubs... ;)

I wouldn't call Spain "exotic" altho it depends on where you're from. It's just one COOL country.

·
Scavenger Hunter
31,853 Posts
silverwhite said:
:eek:

I vote for Zaragoza too. I do hope Singapore will get a tournament eventually though, preferably in the same period as Chennai and Doha or Beijng, Bangkok and Vietnam so more players are likely to participate. :p

i think it'd be tough to ever get an event in singapore. because the support for tennis here is really quite lacking *think nothing but football on tv* and the atp would want a place which has an established tennis background i think.

of course, i'm still hopeful we'll get something someday but until then....:sad:

·
Registered
281 Posts
PennyThePenguin said:
i think it'd be tough to ever get an event in singapore. because the support for tennis here is really quite lacking *think nothing but football on tv* and the atp would want a place which has an established tennis background i think.

of course, i'm still hopeful we'll get something someday but until then....:sad:
well, we used to have the heineken open, and it did attract some top players.....

·
Registered
55,915 Posts
PennyThePenguin said:

I agree. We don't deserve to have a tournament, considering how little support the government and the media here have given tennis. However, I still hope we eventually get one, which would be a great reward to all the dedicated tennis fans here. ;)

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
PUBLIC SERVICE POST

Some pics of the city :)
Most important square... Plaza de las catedrales or Plaza del Pilar, where cityhall, Pilar basilique and San Salvador Cathedral are :)

Pilar basilique, barroque

San Salvador cathedral, mudejar style, done by cristians but with moslems arquitects and influence

Aljafería, biggest moor palace in Spain right behind Alhambra in Granada

Roman theatre

Magdalena church, mudéjar. The tower is simply impressive

Central Market, modernist

Delicias railway station

Auditorium

THat's all by now :p
Hope you all like it especially ATP ;)

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
Thanks for the pics propi. Zaragoza is indeed a beautiful city - I would definately support a tournament there.

·
Scavenger Hunter
31,853 Posts
silverwhite said:
I agree. We don't deserve to have a tournament, considering how little support the government and the media here have given tennis. However, I still hope we eventually get one, which would be a great reward to all the dedicated tennis fans here. ;)
well, if you remember? donkey years ago, we had one tournament. for like. two years. and the seniors tour came here once as well. :p

lets keep hoping :D

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Zaragoza :hearts:
anda que no me lo he pasao bien x alli, cada vez que haciamos viajes con el cole hacia el norte parabamos todo el mediodia en ZgZ .. q recuerdos :)

21 - 36 of 36 Posts