Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well done Misha ;)
a great win 6-3 3-6 3-6 6-4 6-4 win over Canas in the Mercedes Open in Stuttgart. (1-4 down in 5th)

the 1st title of many :)

Congrats Misha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
fantastic win. even it was against my Argie baby. such impressive scores too!! this is huge. :) :D :eek:

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
Wow he came back that is amazing!

Congrats Misha!!! :bounce:

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Yes, like I said in the Live Scores thread, the match was of unbelievable quality, considering we had a young and unexperienced player against Canas, who doesnt hold exactly a great record in finals. They both went for it a lot, and both had to WIN the points, since again they both were superb on defense.
Youzhny stepped it up on 1-4, and when Canas was serving 4-2 40-15 he had a double fault. That was the key point, and the russian didnt give Guille a chance anymore.
As I said, Misha especially impressed me, his backhand is just WOW :eek: Ill keep both my eyes open and will follow his chances on the hard courts. His aggressive game, wonderful backhand and killer forehand suit a lot the hard.
Good luck to him!

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
CONGRATS Mikhail! this kid's gonna win Wimby one day...

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Misha's backhand is a shot tailor-made for clay. It won't be nearly as effective on US hardcourts or indoors though. Misha can do really well on clay or RA in future.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Thanks Becca! :)

Congrats Eggy! :D

And congrats Mikhail! :bounce: It's about time!

Eggy, the first title of many? :confused: Be careful! :eek: Don't jinx him!

Is it time for Mikhail Youhzny to play ahead of Yegeny Kafelnikov in Davis Cup singles? I say da!

What in the world are they doing playing a best out of five sets in the final? In an incredibly long season, this is totally unecessary! :mad:

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Is it time for Mikhail Youhzny to play ahead of Yegeny Kafelnikov in Davis Cup singles? I say da!
You are really nuts, the cat, aren't you? Instead of Safin, I would probably understand, but instead of Kafelnikov on carpet? :confused:

·
Registered
62,758 Posts
Congrats Misha

:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
Congrats Mikhail!!! First of MANY MANY more to come!:D

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
LOL @ ys! :D Well, I have has some Cashews today! ;)

But I should have specified that I think Youzhny should replace Kafelnikov in Davis Cup singles on clay, not carpet.

ys, Youhzny instead of Safin? :confused: I can see you've been eating some nuts, too! ;)

·
Registered
5,938 Posts
I think his backhand can be effective on hardcourt as well. It is very well disguised and if he can flatten it out more it will be very effective.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Congrats Misha!!!

:)

·
Registered
17,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Zhenya on carpet turns into an indoor monster :)

can't see him replacing Marat either.
but its great to have another star backup :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts