Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unless Baghdatis wins Montreal, I think Youzhny is getting the 10th place for the first time in his career. Congrats Misha!!:eek: :worship:

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
That's great for him though if he does it won't be for long with SF points at the US Open to defend - I'm not sure he'll be able to repeat that.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Being top ten these days doesn't mean what it used to.

With a game he desplays for a time now Youzhny deserves to be at least top 5

·
Miss Fabray
55,507 Posts
Good job Misha! :yeah:

·
Registered
653 Posts
That's great for him though if he does it won't be for long with SF points at the US Open to defend - I'm not sure he'll be able to repeat that.
He may not need to. A deep run here and some points gained at Cincy would allow him some cushion. After the US Open, he has practically zippo points to defend. Shanghai is possible.

·
Anastasia Komananov, KGB
53,509 Posts
Fair enough then - good luck to him - I hope he can stay injury free and his back issues stay away long enough.

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
:hatoff: to Youzhny. Well deserved.

Hopefully he can get some deep runs in the next three tourneys (including this one) and stay there for a while.

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Misha :rocker2:

·
Registered
26,225 Posts
It's been a long time coming for him and his fans! He was talked about so much as a young pup after his run to the Wimbledon Round of 16 in 2001, where he took the first set from almost champ Pat Rafter, and he's had all sorts of bad losses and nagging injuries since. But he's really been capitalizing on his potential this past year - some players just need more time to develop. I do believe he'll keep up this improved consistency if he can stay healthy and remain a Top 10/15 player.

Well done, now beat up on Kolya. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts