Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little 2:30 clip from me about the Colonel who just left the tour after 20 years. Would love to hear your thoughts about him and of course about my little work. In my opinion he was always fun to watch, you would never know what match you expect. Especially against Federer his matches were way above average. Enjoy

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Thanks for the video. Youzhny was not one of my favorite, but he's a great player, very underestimated in my opinion.
I will miss him.

Congrats for your nice career Colonel ;)

PS : if I'm not wrong, one more win and he would've reach 500 ATP wins, would've been a nice finish!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Great video! And yeah real shame he couldn't get just 1 more win in his career...500 would have been a sweet and incredible milestone.

Also wonder why he chose to retire in St. Petersburg when he's born & resides in Moscow and the Kremlin Cup is just around the corner in a few weeks...could have perhaps gotten his 500th win there and would have been a better time to bid his farewell IMO.

But anyway he's had an amazing career and wish him all the best in his life after tennis!

·
Registered
12,632 Posts
Very nicely done. Enjoyed the quick recap. Not everyone can set the tennis world on fire, but some flames are warming and bright and add a much-needed spark

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Two moments from Misha's career that I remember very well:

·
justice for all
13,100 Posts
I loved that OHBH, if he had a better FH who knows where he'd be right now...

And as others said - I'm still devastated he didn't get that 500 win...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts