Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think every player until no 750 in the world would have selled their mother to have his draw. First the 2 unknown players in the quali. And then a wildcard from the uae!! :D an easy road to the around 20000 dollar for him.

and easy it was! 45 minutes. 2 games for Nader and he made 27 points in the whole match :)

·
Banned
1,472 Posts
Re: Mikhail Ledovskikh's draw in dubai...

that first-round match really should not be allowed.

·
Registered
388 Posts

It's a farce. The guy he's playing has only ever won ONE qualifying match at a Futures event, and even that was against another dud from his own country. Check out his record:

http://www.itftennis.com/mens/players/activity.asp?player=10020461

He's 27, turning 28. It's not like this will give him experience before he tries to crack the big time! It's an insult to those players who work their arses off at great expense travelling to far distant places and earn points the tough way.

Players without a ranking shouldn't be allowed entry into these events just because they happen to come from the country that's hosting the event. It doesn't help them and it's a slap in the face of those players who deserve to be there.

Have a look at the crowds at this event...they're pitiful. They get to host an event that no-one comes to just because a few rich sheiks want to pay for it.

And the Asian Tennis Federation are serious about having a quarter of places at these events set aside for players from the region! What a laugh. If the ATP had any balls and weren't so money-hungry, they'd put their foot down about things like this.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Mahmoud has an average of 1.5 point/game so far, so he is not that bad :angel:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

and he has an game now! he totally deserved that WC :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,962 Posts

lol I bet he coulnt have asked for an easier $$$ and 35 points

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

lol I bet he coulnt have asked for an easier $$$ and 35 points
i think all the challenger players hit them self to the head when they will see the 3 victorys Mikhail had here in his first 3 matches :)

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No Nadal-Nader match, eh? :awww:
haha then he would not have more then 10 points in total i think :)

i heard mikhail kissed already the director of the tournament for his great drawing

·
Ace Loveforty
83,408 Posts
good luck in Dubai next year Mahmoud

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha, is Ledovskikh any good at all? anyone could of gotten through that draw...
mwah he has no real big wins yet. and not winning challengers or so. but when he is playing a very decent player he is not killed and he is only 21 years old yet.

example:

L LEDOVSKIKH v CANAS
Guillermo CANAS (ARG) 6-7(1) 4-6

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
Nope, Ledovskikh ain't any good, just some random challenger player, who can show up at the events in Asia (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan etc.) when he has some shape :lol:. Anyway good for him!

And don't you peeps bitch at Naser, he is a home player and got a WC, this is a right of the tournament's organizers and I fully support giving the WCs to the home players.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nope, Ledovskikh ain't any good, just some random challenger player, who can show up at the events in Asia (Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan etc.) when he has some shape :lol:. Anyway good for him!

And don't you peeps bitch at Naser, he is a home player and got a WC, this is a right of the tournament's organizers and I fully support giving the WCs to the home players.
i dont have also much to say about that with wc receivals by ryderstedt and eleskovic

·
Registered
388 Posts

Yes, it is their right, but they don't HAVE to give them to local players. In fact, they don't HAVE to give them out at all. If they cared at all about improving the standard of players in the country, they'd take some of the money they spend on this tournament and send a bunch of their young players to Futures tournaments abroad so they can actually improve. They need to get tough and say "sorry, we don't have anyone that deserves a wildcard so we're not giving them out." Instead they give one to a 27 year-old who isn't even good enough to win matches in Futures qualifying!

And don't say it's for "local interest" because a look at the crowds for this tournament will tell you all you need to know about "local interest". The crowds are dismal and the only people there are expats living and working in Dubai. Do you think they care about this loser?

The whole event is a disgrace and the only reason players go there is because they pay the highest appearance fees of any tournament.

Rant over...for now.

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
The organizers own this tournament and they give WCs to whoever they want and for whatever reason, this is their right, and MTF posters won't decide whom they want to see as a WC.

Actually UAE has some futures events, but yeah I agree they should send the young players abroad with the money they have, but on the other hand it's really nice when some Arabic players get the WCs just because it's their practically only chance to play on a big court in a big event, and so on - once in Doha, once in Dubai.

I would give one to Mariusz Fyrstenberg if I had a tournament :p.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yes, that's true, but it reinforces my belief that they really don't care about raising the standard of their own players. Why would they care when they can just pay for the world's top players to come and play there anyway.

Sure, it's their only chance to play at a big event in their home country, but so what? that doesn't change the fact that they simply don't deserve to be there because they're not good enough. I'd love to play at the Australian Open in front of 10,000 people but that doesn't mean I deserve to be allowed to play.

These players know that all they have to do is be a better player than the next best UAE player and they'll get to hang around a locker room with Roger Federer for a week and pretend they're one of the world's best players.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts