Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barcelona R1: Nieminen loses again, routed 4-6, 4-6 by Kukushkin

What in the hell is wrong with Jarkko? He has just completely lost it. He's only won 2 of his matches since the AO and one of those wins was against a nobody in DC. This is probably his worst loss yet.

I think Jarkko needs a break.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Another bad loss for Nieminen. :lol:

I vaguely remember Kukushkin's name from last year, I think he won back to back clay challengers in Russia.

·
Ace Loveforty
83,400 Posts
:lol: 7 hours after this match had finished 2 threads were started at the same time

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
I was waiting for this thread to write:

"Dedicated to Nathaliia"
:wavey:

·
Registered
7,055 Posts
Another bad loss for Nieminen. :lol:

I vaguely remember Kukushkin's name from last year, I think he won back to back clay challengers in Russia.
Two great challengers one in Russia on in Uzbekistan, the best player he beat there was ranked something like 350. But he also had a "real" great week earlier this year in Italia (Barletta ? ) where he beat some good players and took the title.

·
28,775 Posts
Re: Barcelona R1: Nieminen loses again, routed 4-6, 4-6 by Kukushkin

Kukushkin can actually play, not as big of an upset as you are making it out to be.

·
Registered
7,055 Posts

:lol:
Two members wait for 7 hours to create the same thread.

·
Registered
7,055 Posts

What in the hell is wrong with Jarkko? He has just completely lost it. He's only won 2 of his matches since the AO and one of those wins was against a nobody in DC. This is probably his worst loss yet.

I think Jarkko needs a break.
De Voest is not a nobody :cuckoo:

·
Registered
97,310 Posts
I was waiting for this thread to write:

"Dedicated to Nathaliia"
:wavey:
Kukushkin is my favourite player, he always paid me for the balls deposit and never wanted money back, how to not love him :haha:

And seriously, Jarrko, oh gosh.

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
This was Jarkko's first tournament with Joakim Nystrom as his coach. Hopefully that partnership will be a successful one, and Jarkko can arrest this very alarming slide. Away from Davis Cup duty, he has lost 10 out of his last 11 matches.
Well done to Nathi's fave Kuku. This was only his 2nd ever ATP Tour main draw match, and his first victory. 4 and a half weeks ago he won the Barletta Challenger on clay, which had a strong field, and he beat some good players en-route to the title.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts