Mens Tennis Forums banner

Mike Bryan fined $10,000 for "off court incident"

12K views 19 replies 18 participants last post by  Sham Kay Adams 
#1 ·
WTH? :eek: Bryan was fined $10,000 in his opening round loss for something but only now people are hearing about it.

What did Mike do to warrant such a steep fine?

Serena's fine will help fix the crack on Armstrong. :rolleyes:

#2 ·
Re: Mike Bryan fined $10,000 for "off court incident"; Serena fined $2,000 for tirade

My expert guess is that Bryan said something about umpire/line judge being biased/incompetent after the match or something about the organizers treating them unfairly. Such things always bring in the big fines.

#8 ·
Didn't they used to release the list of fines? I remember someone posting it a couple years ago...

#10 ·
According to Tennis.com, he touched an official off court. Holy crap.

Mike Bryan—who would have thought? One-half of the best doubles tandem ever was handed a $10,000 fine for touching an official off-court after the top-seeded Bryan brothers' first-round doubles loss, their earliest exit ever at the U.S. Open. Very strange, and the Daily Spinster will keep his ear to the ground on this one as more details emerge

#16 ·
Grigor Dimitrov was fined -- initially $2,000 but then raised to $10,000 -- and got a three-week suspension for shoving an umpire after a match at a Challenger last year.
http://shanktennis.com/2011/01/28/grigor-dimitrov-suspended-by-the-atp/

Dimitrov's penalty was from the ATP as it was at an ATP event (he was actually allowed to play at the Australian Open, though it would've happened during the suspension). This is USTA I guess, or ITF rules?? $10,000 is not so much :shrug:

#18 ·
http://www.insidetennis.com/2011/09/twin-peaking/

IT: I hear you were fined for an off-court incident after your loss in New York. What was that all about?

MB: I wish I could say. It’s under review, under appeal…Obviously, I’m a little shocked. We were signing autographs and we were walking off the court. It was a post-match verbal exchange with an umpire.

IT: It must have been something big. You got hit with a $10,000 fine and Serena Williams, for her outburst, was only hit with a $2,000 fine.

MB: It was a shocking amount. That’s why I appealed. I’ll let you know when I find out.

:shrug:

#19 ·
When I saw "touched," I thought, "sexually?"

#20 ·
Really. My initial impression was emotionally touched. Yeah I just realised I shouldn't have admitted that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.