Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
57,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I like FAA and he'll have a great career. But he'll never ever have the youngest Masters finalist record, and he has no one but himself to blame for that after that pathetic performance. Isner did nothing, what a massive choke in both sets.

Wish in retrospect Djokovic had just won, disappointing to see Isner stay relevant.

·
Registered
9,195 Posts
Re: Miami SF: (7) Isner def. (Q) Auger-Aliassime 7-6 7-6

Experience made the difference here. Still, a huge tournament for Felix. :worship:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

Lol Is76er

Wysłane z mojego SM-G930F przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
1,285 Posts

I hate servebots and I will continue hating them until the day I stop loving tennis. Isner, Karlovic, Opelka, all of them. They are so fucking boring I swear. I don’t care if anyone is gonna defend them and say serve is just another shot in tennis and that they should receive credits for making it their main weapon. I don’t care. They are boring and destroy the beauty of tennis for me.

FAA is seriously a choker. It’s all mental out there for him today. Hope it’s a learning lesson for him today and he could improve in that department in the future, because no matter how many great skills you have in tennis, you will NOT achieve anything significant if you keep choking at the most important moments. Then you’re a great player only and you’re not born to be a champion.

·
Registered
739 Posts

Choke-lix.

Read on here earlier that he was really clutch too!

Feel for him tbh. But he’ll be back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,575 Posts

Too easy for Clutchner. :cool:

·
Administrator
14,824 Posts

That's a veteran vs. a rookie finish to both sets. Sucks for FAA as he truly had a big chance here. He'll be ranked 33 on Monday.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Isner didn't show anything special today, he was just extremely clutch as usual he's during his great Masters 1000 runs. If not him American tennis would be pretty dead in last few years.

Canadian fans don't be too angry and sad today. This is not like FAA last match in his career on this stage.

·
Registered
21,232 Posts

Absolutely fantastic result. I am delighted with John Isner, my favourite player alongside Wawrinka.

Felix Auger-Aliassime is not dreadful to watch, but he is quite boring. Just because he's young doesn't mean he is exciting. I think Shapovalov and Tsitsipas are the most exciting young players, by quite a distance.

It would be sensational to see Isner win again. When he middles the ball, it is quite the sight. Such power.

·
Registered
10,409 Posts

FAA served for the set twice and got broken each time. Couldn't impose himself in the TBs either. Isner did well to take advantage of his opponent's lapses.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I feel bad because FAA is extremely talented and should have won this 6-4, 6-3, but then I see these kind of posts:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Servebot broken quite easily

FAa will beat Fed too (or shap but prob fed)

I hate servebots so much

did isner win even one point that was played out?
Whew!!!

Felix recovered and we will have a 3rd
wait i said that last time ...

felix will not choke serve again!

and he will win the 3rd

then beat fed as said before
:rolls:

Look forward to seeing your hypocritical ass root for Isner in the F if it's against Fed :rolls:

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
Excellent result for tennis. Unlike most, I couldn't care less about Felix, so I'm glad he isn't in the final. And I'm also glad to see servebot haters in ruins. I love this result :devil:

·
Registered
615 Posts
Go easy on the kid, he's barely over school age.

To me, it's not losing here that matters so much, it's whether he can continue the form and results that got him to a SF, which will give him the base to go forward, or whether he does what all the others do, burn brightly for a moment, then fizzle out for several months, losing to random bums.

My own view is that Shapo is more likely to be the guy who is first to getting a more consistent line of performance.

·
Registered
57,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Peak servebotting by Isner:

R2 7-6 7-6
R3 7-5 7-6
R4 7-6 7-6
QF 7-6 7-6
SF 7-6 7-6

:hysteric:

He will get steamrolled by Federer in the final.
I mean, he didn't exactly servebot today, was broken twice and in trouble many more times, he was more of a choke-recipient-bot

1 - 20 of 128 Posts