Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That was easy and comfortable match for Roger. All things worked very well except of FH. Medvedev was struggling with Fed's slice and defence.

·
Registered
9,199 Posts
Very enjoyable match, one of the best performances from Roger in 2019, really good stuff. Medvedev wasn't playing bad at all, just got outplayed in every possible way today.
22 winners and only 8 unforced errors says it all.

·
Registered
10,409 Posts
I don't think Federer even broke sweat all match. Was solid, even tactical. Very uninspired performance from Medvedev, on the other hand.

Now Federer will be up against his WB nemesis next.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Very enjoyable match, one of the best performances from Roger in 2019, really good stuff. Medvedev wasn't playing bad at all, just got outplayed in every possible way today.
22 winners and only 8 unforced errors says it all.
:spit:

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
The old man never stops to surprise. He outpushed Medvedev in the first set, and the Russian never recovered. Then he was just fucking around with him.

An out of form Anderson next, and then Federer can channel his inner pastor and fuck around with the youngsters a bit.

After seeing this today, I'm quite optimistic he can win the tournament. But I was optimistic in Indian Wells, too... you never know which Federer will show up.

·
Registered
11,780 Posts
Typical clay court safe game from Nadal Federer. 22 winners only 8 UEs. Great defense, patient pulling the trigger with good tactical play.
Medvedev wasn't the same after being broken at the end of the 1st set, after losing 35 and 34 shot rallies to the nearly 38 year old.

Congrats to Roger and team. Commiserations to Daniil.

Respectfully,
masterclass

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Federer simply showed what it means to be the smarter player by far. He makes it look so easy, but I can only applaud him for what he’s doing at his age. It’s called experience and class. Love it!

Medvedev winning this match would have been an insult to tennis. Against Federer is becomes even more clear he lacks tennis intelligence and technical skill. Just a brainless player. His coach has some work to do.

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
Anderson srruggled big time vs. The likes of Sousa and Thompson. I everything goes according to nature’s laws federer will eat him up in straights. But since this Wimbledon Match I’ve learned not to be too overconfident in this matchup

·
Registered
36,855 Posts
the best of rogi in 201999999999

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
What I said yesterday about Coric - good or bad he always looks the same - I can say exactly opposite about Medvedev. When he is good - he is awesome, when he is bad - he is a shitty player.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Great to see Fed continue right where he left off against Krajinovic and put in another remarkable age-defying performance. As Medvedev saw, Federer was unbreakable like Opelka, but oh what a difference on return.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
High-quality match in set 1. Both played great until 4-4 but then Federer got a crucial break while Medvedev didn't use his chances to re-break. Since then the Russian started self-destruction. Good match by Fed, he's on a good run since Dubai (12-1). Most important numbers:

3 Federer saved 3 BPs (from 0-40) at 5-4 in the 1st set. 2 good serves and one easy mistake by the Russian. Critical moment: since then the match was going only in one direction.

2 Two net-cords, which made the ball fly very high. Federer used his chance after 34-shot rally and got breakpoints (which he used at 4-4) while Medvedev bashed the ball outside the court (afterwards he got broken at the beginning of the 2nd set). They symbolize that crucial part of the match very well.

1 Tomorrow we'll have battle for most prestigious title in tennis: South African #1.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
I underestimated Fed in this match up on this court vs Medvedev . I did say Fed in 2 but that was too easy , I didn't think it would , but he made it look easy today.

Tsitsi and Djokovic all fell , only Coric could make things complicated for this Fed

The immortal Richard Alpert of tennis continues

1 - 20 of 90 Posts