Mens Tennis Forums banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
i haven't read a single word of any of his blogs and i will never do. who cares about shit like this?
But you asked the question why Tursunov have fans? Well, if you don't read the blog, you will never understand. You repeatedly asks the question why people like him but the answer will repeatedly be the same. We like his humor and him winning a match once in awhile.

·
Registered
15,596 Posts
I don't think Tusunov "tried" to "kill" a bird, I mean, that wasn't going to happen, he just bashed the ball out the court.

However, his attitude was a joke and pretty surprising. Nothing on many Roddick displays, but pretty bad.

·
Occasional Visitor
52,208 Posts
OK - yes I am a big Tursunov fan, and no I'm not going to totally condone all his behaviour today, but let's just get a few things straight amongst the typical MTF GM over-reaction :rolleyes:

First - as Paul said earlier -of course he was not trying to kill the bird :rolleyes: Yes it was low flying, and yes it was irritating him, and yes he did hit a ball out of the stadium, - but that's all there was to it.

Second - he was wrong to go on quite so much to Mo and act so petulantly, and almost certainly deserves a fine for it, and the refusal to shake hands was childish and regrettable. But having said that - how come these umpires are so quick to "warn" players for slow play or any other violations, unless their name is Nadal (or Djokovic before I'm accused of hating)? Seems there is one rule for the Top 3 or 4, and another rule for everyone else.

As for the crowd - well they were supporting Lalo from the start - hardly surprising in an area like Miami, where you could hardly hear any English speaking voices in the crowd, only Spanish ones:)

So - in conclusion - no I am not particularly proud of Dima's behaviour at all times today, but I'm still glad he won :)

Reactions: Fensler

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
Second - he was wrong to go on quite so much to Mo and act so petulantly, and almost certainly deserves a fine for it, and the refusal to shake hands was childish and regrettable. But having said that - how come these umpires are so quick to "warn" players for slow play or any other violations, unless their name is Nadal (or Djokovic before I'm accused of hating)? Seems there is one rule for the Top 3 or 4, and another rule for everyone else.
Mo has warned Rafa before to be fair. And Rafa sped it up afterwards. So he seems pretty consistent in giving warnings- and is not one of those that will shy away from the big names. ;) And I say this as someone who thinks Rafa should get warnings, etc. even though he is one of my faves and I am not one to cheer when he loses. Some umps do not give warnings when they should, but Mo seems to be pretty even handed despite the rankings. I think he is regarded as one of the best and fairest umps out there.

Dima acting like a brat today no doubt. I hope he recovers from any personal problems he may have. But I am continually struck how he is so different off court and on court where he is most often emotionless or angry. He seems to have a big brain and a good humor- so I would like to see some of that more times on court.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
He didn't.
But his... lets put it this way... his close friend Anna Loginova was killed in Moscow a month ago.
Well that is very sad and I am sorry for his loss. And as someone who has had the misfortune to lose two loved one who were young in tragic circumstances I understand that grief hits people different ways. But having observed Dima for a while now- he can have anger issues on court and I hope he can address and deal with them.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
oh i dont know who that woman is and never heard Dima mention anything about it...I hope he deals with it as best as he can..Who is she?
He still should have shook his hand thoug

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
If this was Roddick MTF would have exploded.

Just saying.

I'm glad he won, but there's no excuse for his behavior on court today. I'm sorry, know this might sound harsh, but not even the loss of a close friend. That is no excuse. If he is not feeling well, which seems to be the case, then take some time off to rest, heal & regroup.

that said, I wish him well. always.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.