Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And another seed (and Spaniard) bites the dust.

At least Lopez got a set out of it. :lol: He had a bp to get back on serve in the 2nd set, but couldn't convert. He also got to deuce when Dima initially had 40-0 on his serve late in the 3rd, and he had BP when Dima served for the match. I knew it would be a close match, and it really was if you look at the stats. You just knew it would come down to who blinked first. In the first set it was Dima, and in the last 2 sets it was Feli. For both of them just one sloppy service game in the sets they lost was all it took.

These two are very evenly matched based on their first two matches. Now their H2H is 1-1.

All in all, with that great run in Dubai, not a bad start to the year for Lopez. He ended last season in the top 35, and he's still there. Clay is not his surface (that SF in Stuttgart last year notwithstanding), but he only has 20 points to defend before Wimbledon. He can gain some points for sure.

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
"Bird-killer" Tursunov def. Lopez

Tursunov got a warning for trying to hit/kill a bird with the ball, he was pissed with the umpire and also didn't shake hands, and the crowd booed him off.
:eek:

·
Registered
11,122 Posts
Tursunov got a warning for trying to hit/kill a bird with the ball, he was pissed with the umpire and also didn't shake hands, and the crowd booed him off. :eek:

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Dima's such a girl. He actually said "I told u before the set that id take more time between points"

He might as well ask for 3 serves..

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I didn't notice the booing. I didn't understand why Tursunov hit that ball out of court, totally confusing and there was no reason to be complaining about a warning. It's not like a penalty or anything.

Not a very interesting match, though expected. A poor service game cost Lopez the second set and not enough first serves, the third set and that was about it.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts