Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
19,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alex 'the rasta' fighting for his life to come back at one set all, just to no longer give a damn in the final set. :worship:

Janko surprisingly over excited to get through after what was an averagely convincing performance.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Tipsy :yeah:

·
Registered
15,930 Posts
Light and shadow as usual with Alex, more shadow today, though.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Dolgopolov must be one of the most overrated players in this site, Tipsarevic among the most underrated.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
Tipsy by far the better player in that 1st set, I was surprised to see Dolgo take the 2nd (SB I mean). Too bad from Dolgo in the 3rd, eventually an easy job for Janko.

No more Rastaboy this tournament unfortunately. :(

·
Registered
11,827 Posts
YEAAAHH JANKO! Good win, to show you're a top 10 worth player. People here on MTF never give credit to you, but just keeo on rolling Janko!

AJDE!

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Dolgopolov is a mug ......always was and always will be ........Janko when on is better than any player on the planet
Yes, he is. Also I find his tennis just unpleasing to watch, his strokes and movement are unorthodox in a very aesthetically not pleasing kind of way. Compare his strokes to Davydenko's clean strokes, there is no way to compare them. Davydenko is lightyears more talented than Dolgo.

·
Premium Member
21,531 Posts
Janko surprisingly over excited to get through after what was an averagely convincing performance.
Don't see why not, Janko is not top 3 where anything less than the title is "meh"; a good win today, and a very good chance to make the most out of his draw :)

·
Registered
59,921 Posts
that was bizarre. Insane play at the end of the second to break Tipsarevic (who was at a very high level all match) then just imploded to go down 4-0 in 3rd

·
Premium Member
21,531 Posts
Whoever gave him that rasta style should be fired anyway, effective immediately :p

The Dog isn't playing great tennis this year. Tipsarevic was just defending today, and he let Dolgo self-explode, which occured in the beginning of the 3rd set.
Tipsy had 24 W / 12 UEs if I remember correctly, so he wasn't just defending. Dolgo did hit loads of errors, but he does that often.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I like Dolgo, but really he is overrated here. About Tipsy- he is underated, people dislike him, don´t know why, but one 1 thing must be clear, since Tipsy is top 10 guy he is mostly beating guy he is supposed to beat. I mean he is not loosing to random mugs, he is beating guys lower ranked than himself and maybe he can stay in top 10 longer than i thought. Soderling out half year, Fish out of top 10, not many guys who can enter top 10 in next few months, can see Janko stay there for longer time than i expected. Also Janko on his way to career high 8th in world, so if he beat Dimitrov great Miami for him no matter the result

·
Registered
70,519 Posts
dolgo :facepalm:

·
Banned
34,908 Posts
Dolgo isn't 100% so no real surprise he lost here. And Janko is clearly underrated on this forum. He does not lose to players at and below his level often at all. Another professional performance from him.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Alex 'the rasta' fighting for his life to come back at one set all, just to no longer give a damn in the final set. :worship:
Whoever gave him that rasta style should be fired anyway, effective immediately :p
OK, I am more interested in Dolgopololipopov's hair now than the match result... It was girly dubious enough already so what more has he done to it: braids, dreadlocks or what? Pictorial evidence would be greatly appreciated :angel:

He does not lose to players at and below his level often at all.
Though he's more consistent now, wasn't that long ago Tipsy was better known as a giant killer (especially in slams) who would crash back down to earth when faced with more beatable (on paper anyway) opposition.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts