Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:worship:

·
Registered
27,276 Posts
Re: Miami R3: [8] Fish def. [28] Anderson 6-4 6-3

Good match by Fish. Mug match by Anderson after the first few games.

·
Registered
59,838 Posts
Re: Miami R3: [8] Fish def. [28] Anderson 6-4 6-3

13-33 Winners-UEs??? :help:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Hard to say what happened to Anderson after this 4:1* start. Fish threw the racket in frustration of being unable to break serve at 1:3*, they changed sides and resumed play, and Anderson's game completely collapsed :shrug:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Fish looking pretty good. Much better than in IW. Serving poorly in the beginning, but was in good control after the first few games.

I think Mardy can reach a QF here.

·
Your visions will happen
49,954 Posts
Hard to say what happened to Anderson after this 4:1* start. Fish threw the racket in frustration of being unable to break serve at 1:3*, they changed sides and resumed play, and Anderson's game completely collapsed :shrug:
The racquet throw is always a risky campaign. At times, it can spur on the guy who threw it, at other times, the opponent can take a racket throw to mean that the other guy is dead in the water.

Looks like Anderson really fucked this one up.

·
Registered
24,311 Posts
Well, unlike Isner, Fish can play and is mentally stronger it seems. Though he will find it hard to stay in top 10

·
Registered
21,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Real American number 1 still in the tourney. ;)

·
Registered
59,838 Posts
The racquet throw is always a risky campaign. At times, it can spur on the guy who threw it, at other times, the opponent can take a racket throw to mean that the other guy is dead in the water.

Looks like Anderson really fucked this one up.
I think it helps maybe 70% of the time. Nearly always raises level of player who does it, only risk is it raising opponent's confidence more

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I liked how Anderson gave the break back in the 1st set - 4 dumbest UE's to lose a game to 0. Couldn't place 3 consecutive shots (including serve) in court.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Anderson probably grew wings after 4-1 and started going for shots - WRONG!!!
Against Fishmug in this kind of form you just have to keep it in play - like Ebden...and Fish will selfdestruct...

I remeber DC last year in USA when he played Ferrer - hard court...David was practically hitting back to his racquet all the time asking him to do something with it - it looked like the slowest HC EVER which is weird considering it was vs Spain match..they said it's fast HC but Fish wasn't able to make a winner of any side..it was a 5 set ping-pong match

·
Ace Loveforty
83,410 Posts
organizers were delighted this mugathon was not on center court

1 - 20 of 26 Posts