Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Igor should've won it in two as he led 4-2 in the tiebreak but he broke early in the third and that was all he needed. Good fight from Anderson but still would've loved to see him win it.

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
Djokovic must have tanked, it's not possible for him to lose to this guy.

It was 4-1 in the TB and Andreev showed Anderson how tennis is played at this level.

·
Registered
39,787 Posts
based on this match i have a hard time imagining how he must have played against Djokovic

his serve was soft and easily returnable. awful at the net and his net approaches, tactically he was playing right into Andreevs big fh, he looked so harmless in rallies winners were rare

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Anderson just needs more matches at the AMS level to get used to it.

His run in Las Vegas was ok, but it wasn't that great of a field to be honest.

·
Registered
12,644 Posts
Igor should've won it in two as he led 4-2 in the tiebreak but he broke early in the third and that was all he needed. Good fight from Anderson but still would've loved to see him win it.
Andreev played OK. Anderson was ........ (can't find a right word). Boring match. Will you allow me please to say this (as a fan of Djokovic) "Djokovic is a mug":p
Somebody please shoot me now.

·
Registered
9,760 Posts
Igor should have won in straight sets but at this point only the W counts. Anderson had an excellent tournament here.

Now Canas :scared: :scared:

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
expected win by Igor

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
Anderson just needs more matches at the AMS level to get used to it.

His run in Las Vegas was ok, but it wasn't that great of a field to be honest.
Look who he played in Vegas...all mugs.

The only way this guy beat Djokovic was a complete tank.

Obviously Nole wanted to party in Miami.

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
I saw Anderson for the first time and here are my impressions:
- strange motion before the serve, he doesn't touch the ball to the frame of racket; 1st serve is comicaly slow for such a tall guy but his 2nd serve is a real weapon - a lot better serve than Karlovic's
- I agree with Djokovic, he moves quiet well but nothing special from the baseline, simply solid strokes and good angles from both sides
- very clumsy at the net, actually he lost this match because of volley errors (did it two in the first game of the final set when he lost own serve)
- strong mentally, well concentrated and doesn't afraid to take the risk at the big points

After all he improves tie-break record in ATP tour, now looks impressively 8-0 :p

·
Banned
70,903 Posts
Andreev played OK. Anderson was ........ (can't find a right word). Boring match. Will you allow me please to say this (as a fan of Djokovic) "Djokovic is a mug":p
Somebody please shoot me now.

hey i am a fan of the Serbian Slayer too. its just that the Clay Monsters always come first.

evidently Anderson`s serve must have let him down. i did not see this match but that much appears to be evident. you have just got to take care of your serve on hard courts or you are in deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep shit no matter who you play.

·
Registered
35,682 Posts
His serve is horrible for a big man, Andreev out aced him, also I think he is the worst tennis player I have ever seen at the net.

Djokovic should have beaten this guy with his eyes closed.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts