Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
a victory for tennis over mindless serving. good to see the goat didnt allow any tiebreaks to make things dangerously close.

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
As much as the outcome was never in doubt - as good as Karlovic can be, he's not in JMDP's league - JMDP looked shaky in that first set, but got the job done rather convincingly in the second. Should have gone up a second break and made it a lot easier for himself, but still, good stuff. Well done, Juan Martin. A win = a win. :)

·
Registered
20,212 Posts
I was complaining a couple years ago that Del Potro had very lopsided scorelines regardless of the final outcome. He has changed his tactics in the last few years, improving the serve significantly, and we can expect 7-5 or 7-6 sets in almost his every match, actually it's a bit weird DelPo didn't play a tie-break against Ivo :lol:

·
Pacific Northwest Home
31,845 Posts
I was complaining a couple years ago that Del Potro had very lopsided scorelines regardless of the final outcome. He has changed his tactics in the last few years, improving the serve significantly, and we can expect 7-5 or 7-6 sets in almost his every match, actually it's a bit weird DelPo didn't play a tie-break against Ivo :lol:
He seems to be playing more high % tennis this days. Not as many winners but also few UE's.
Anyway he won. Although I do like Dr Ivo so............

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Bad match from both, but the better player on the day got it done.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Keep going Delpo! I want to watch a Nole vs. Delpo QF :)

·
Registered
20,717 Posts
Ivo was serving really bad . And when he serves like this can't beat much worse players than Delpo is . On the other side Delpo looked really pumped . No Fed before semis gave him wings :lol:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
THis match just again confirmed myself that Ivo´s serve decline drastically over last 2-3 years. Just like Roddick their serves are clearly not anymore in their primes. And we can see that by both loosing matches they 2-5 years ago would win. I mean of course other matches, not this one, Delpo was going to win no matter what. But Ivo´s 2nd serve pathetic, his 1st delivery has lost a lot of pace.... He should play doubles, i think he can achieve there something with his serve and height-net game

1 - 14 of 14 Posts