Mens Tennis Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Solid match. Some bad errors at the net in the tie-break, so something to keep working on.

Had forgotten how bad Querrey's attitude is when he's losing.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
What decided this match was that generally Anderson is winning more on 2nd serve, while Queerey 1st serve stats are always unbelievable against KEvin it wasn´t enough today. Querrey won more points on return, but was broken, because his 2nd serve stats are bad, can´t win in rallies after them enough to hold serve, so in each game he was broken it was, because he wasn´t able to get free points on 1st serve. Anderson can win more on 2nd serve in baseline rallies, that makes him less serve reliable and that´s what win him match. But Querrey´s 1st serve is more lethal than Kevin´s

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I just saw that against Llodra and Zimonjic, the Anderson/Raonic couple retired after three games.. anyone knows what happened?

·
Banned
168 Posts
At one time Queery was top 20 just ahead of Isner and it looked like they would be the future of American tennis. Now look at the two of them, shows you how important mentality is and the desire to compete and work hard to win is.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
At one time Queery was top 20 just ahead of Isner and it looked like they would be the future of American tennis. Now look at the two of them, shows you how important mentality is and the desire to compete and work hard to win is.
Querrey does seem to have an awful disposition. To be fair Isner is two and a half years older though, and he didn't start really getting it together until about a year ago.

·
Registered
10,504 Posts
Querrey has stated on several occasions that he hates tennis. Honestly, I don't know how some people can themselves a fan of his.

Ajde :sad:

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Querrey does seem to have an awful disposition. To be fair Isner is two and a half years older though, and he didn't start really getting it together until about a year ago.
Even when Isner was lower ranked, you could never accuse him of giving up on a match. Something I've seen Querrey do when he's losing a match time and time again.

Querrey got to the Top 20 with a schedule of playing every single week and then wondering why he's disgusted with the game. He was the King of Mickey Mouse tournaments (I admit that Queens was a solid title but even then he lucked out by the draw falling apart). He never played well in the majors and rarely played well against the big names.

Do I think Sam should be a player outside the Top 100, as he is right now? No, he's better than that.

Is Brad Gilbert still advising him?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
In the giant club, Querrey is a brain mug, he just doesn't want it like Isner, Anderson, Raonic.
Querrey is too negative on court.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts