11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sad:

Good effort anyway, had 3 BPs in second set :awww:

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Miami R1 : Grosjean def. Kuerten 6-1, 7-5

Good second set for Guga but still nothing too encouraging. He had a point for 6-5 in the second but was broken and Seb hadn't much trouble serving it out.

·
Registered
18,865 Posts
Nice fight in the second set, if only he could hold at 5-5, he had some game points:sad: Anyway now there are only clay tourneys left for him...

·
Registered
4,081 Posts
At least Guga made things competitive in the 2nd set, after only winning 9 points out of 35 in the opening set. He was leading 4-3* 40-0 in the 2nd set, but unfortunately Seb won the next 5 points to hold serve, and broke in that tight 11th game. Still I'm pleased with Guga's effort.

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
hate to say it, but i dont think guga is going to win any matches in his farewell tournaments
Maybe if he draws some mug WC in the 1st round of that challenger he's going to play.

·
Registered
340 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! So sad to see Guga end it all like this. I remember that year he destroyed everyone including Sampras at the EOY Masters.

·
Registered
9,484 Posts

·
Anathemaniac
41,908 Posts
:awww: :sad: :awww: :sad: :awww:

But realistically speaking - he never had a real chance anyhow...

·
Registered
18,865 Posts
Thanks for the article, nice to hear from Guga:)

·
Registered
23,711 Posts
Guga :worship::worship::worship::worship:

·
Registered
385 Posts
GUGA did well considering what he said after the match:

"[My hip] is very painful," said Kuerten. "To be able to play and perform like the guys, for me it's really difficult. It would be impossible. That's probably the main thing that makes me decide to stop."
It's says a lot about how much he loves the game, too bad he can't quit on his own terms, it's said to see a player quit cuz of injuries.

He had a good time though I think, did some reminiscing (of the 2000 Final against Sampras):

"That day in the final I remember the atmosphere on the court was really amazing," said Kuerten, who was appearing at the tournament for the ninth time in his career. "Not only we played some great tennis, a match that lasted for three or four hours, but people getting involved and really being part of the match. For sure it was not only one of the greatest memories for me in this tournament, but in the world."

Here's the link:

http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2008news/miami_wednesday.asp

Let's hope he can go as painfree as possible for RG, GOOD LUCK GUGA !! :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts