Mens Tennis Forums banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,334 Posts
Maimi R1: Pospisil def. Del Potro 6-4, 7-6 (7)

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Re: Maimi R1: Pospisil def. Del Potro 6-4, 7-6 (7)

Good to see him back, but oh boy... disappointing loss. Should've really won both sets.

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts

:sad:

·
29,699 Posts

Vasek played an excellent match throughout. Del Potro had too many dips and served too many double faults, expected of his first match back. He should probably try vulturing Casablanca and some clown events to get rhythm going.

·
Registered
14,908 Posts
Re: Miami 1R: Pospisil def Del Potro 6-4, 7-6(7)

Pospisil in 2, as I predicted.

Del Potro was understandably sluggish, slow on his legs and played the most important points like a Futures player (and that costed him both sets). It's pretty normal after a relatively long absence. So I've got no worries for him. He'll be fine with match practice.
His wrists seemed to be holding just fine. I don't know what happened to his right foot though, in the end of the 2nd set. He stopped playing a point and held it for a few seconds, and seemed bothered by it.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts

Pospisil sucks, party pooper just like his fellow canadian. Such a disappionting loss.

·
Registered
23,312 Posts

He still can't hit a backhand...

·
Registered
2,800 Posts

Unlucky Delpo. He was hitting some nice forehands but his BH was 5%. It's expected after 1 year out. Even though he got beaten it was great seeing him play again. Hope his wrist will get stronger for the clay court season.

·
Banned
6,795 Posts

But did he injure himself?

·
Registered
322 Posts

Reactions: nevenez

·
Premium Member
29,587 Posts

^Just when you think that poster can't get anymore pitiful.

Good to see Delpo play again but that just won't do. He can't do everything possible to protect his backhand for the rest of his career. His FH is still great but it won't be enough.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Well, I'm not the biggest fan, but it was good to see him back on the court. Still not sure if this was the best timing for him to come back, due to the wrist. Even though he lost, he gave his best effort, which is all he can do at this point. It'll take time before he's back to normal, but I'm confident IF he can remain healthy (???) he'll be back to challenging Nole, Rafa and Roger in no time.

·
Registered
21,284 Posts

Forehand is as great as it ever was, BH is still a liability though. Mental toughness is still not there, hence so many DFs.

Ban that WTA forum mug please.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts